Search found 821 matches

by Chancellor
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:14 pm
Forum: Dressage Training
Topic: Ponderings/mystifyment/bafflement - The 75K+ sales horse
Replies: 54
Views: 938

Re: Ponderings/mystifyment/bafflement - The 75K+ sales horse

I know many people who have loads more money than I do. Some work on Wall Street, some are lawyers and doctors who have their own firms and practices, some are in construction. They can well afford a 75-100K horse. One of my friends has a 1.3M boat (yacht?). Some are women that married hedge fund m...
by Chancellor
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:13 pm
Forum: Veterinary, Nutrition, Grooming & Farrier Questions
Topic: Pine Tar Soap/Shampoo
Replies: 9
Views: 108

Re: Pine Tar Soap/Shampoo

Scarlett (who was a dog) had terrible eczematous dermatitis. The dermatologist I worked for a the time recommended trying Neutrogena T-Gel and it really helped her itchiness!
by Chancellor
Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:32 pm
Forum: The Observation Lounge
Topic: So what are you watching?
Replies: 15
Views: 482

Re: So what are you watching?

Looking forward to the third season of Victoria starting on PBS Sunday. Otherwise, been watching a lot on The Science Channel. I find "Mysteries of the Abandoned" fascinating. (Strange and often huge structures that are rotting in place, obsolete, etc.) Sadly funny was a tunnel bored thro...
by Chancellor
Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:57 pm
Forum: The Observation Lounge
Topic: New Suggestions Thread
Replies: 8
Views: 3404

Re: New Suggestions Thread

Koolkat, right now, I don't think there is a place to sell that here.
by Chancellor
Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:56 pm
Forum: Dressage Training
Topic: Ponderings/mystifyment/bafflement - The 75K+ sales horse
Replies: 54
Views: 938

Re: Ponderings/mystifyment/bafflement - The 75K+ sales horse

I get the Dressage Market emails and I think the same thing. Do people actually spend that much on a horse? MIchael and I live very comfortably but I cannot imagine spending 100k (or even 50k) on an animal that might break its leg running across a field. I would be soooo scared that something would ...
by Chancellor
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:24 pm
Forum: The Observation Lounge
Topic: Tell us about YOU.
Replies: 205
Views: 44008

Re: Tell us about YOU.

You've really been through the wringer, Steffi. I hope 2019 is much better for you. Me too. I also separated from John around Christmas and moved back in with my parents. 2019 has got to be better one way or another! Steffi, I feel your pain. I left a long standing boyfriend who nearly bankrupted m...
by Chancellor
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:22 pm
Forum: The Observation Lounge
Topic: New to the Board
Replies: 13
Views: 369

Re: New to the Board

New to the board, migrated over from the "other" board and formerly of the UDBB. Was having long running posting issues for over a year that their techs have been unable to fix. Finally got tired of not being able to post so went forum searching and found this board! I'm recognizing a lot...
by Chancellor
Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:42 pm
Forum: The Observation Lounge
Topic: Another exciting New Year’s Eve
Replies: 12
Views: 366

Re: Another exciting New Year’s Eve

Since my little town just got high speed internet (yup, it took that long), we are binge watching everything. Anyone watching Ozark? That's what we will be doing.
by Chancellor
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:28 pm
Forum: The Observation Lounge
Topic: **********2018 holiday/Christmas/Kwanza etc card exchange
Replies: 14
Views: 757

Re: **********2018 holiday/Christmas/Kwanza etc card exchange

Kirby's Keeper! Thank you SO much for including me in your Christmas card list. It was lovely to receive that!
by Chancellor
Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:59 pm
Forum: Dressage Training
Topic: Merry Christmas from Chancellor!
Replies: 14
Views: 415

Re: Merry Christmas from Chancellor!

Emergency appendectomy seems like a piece of cake compared to getting all those critters to sit, stay and pose at the very same instant for your cute Christmas picture! :) Presuming no photo-shopping of course.....! Happy Healing (heeling?)! Yeah, I am not that much of an animal whisperer. Much bet...
by Chancellor
Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:40 pm
Forum: The Observation Lounge
Topic: Waiting on a video... this is the first horse I have found that might be a keeper
Replies: 14
Views: 671

Re: Waiting on a video... this is the first horse I have found that might be a keeper

Ryeissa wrote:Tsavo is banned as far as "word on the street"....I have no insider knowledge


Tsavo is in time out til the middle of January. If, however, she continues to act as she has been, she will be banned forever.
by Chancellor
Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:38 am
Forum: Dressage Training
Topic: Merry Christmas from Chancellor!
Replies: 14
Views: 415

Re: Merry Christmas from Chancellor!

I'm sorry I couldn't participate in the card sharing this year. Too much going on. Plus there was the emergency appendectomy two weeks ago!
by Chancellor
Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:37 am
Forum: Dressage Training
Topic: Merry Christmas from Chancellor!
Replies: 14
Views: 415

Merry Christmas from Chancellor!

Laurie CoteSMALL.gif
Laurie CoteSMALL.gif (65.05 KiB) Viewed 415 times
by Chancellor
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:56 pm
Forum: Technical Support
Topic: Post photos
Replies: 8
Views: 1264

Re: Post photos

Josette wrote:Dummy question - can I post photos from my cell phone?


If you know where they are stored on your phone.
by Chancellor
Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:02 pm
Forum: The Observation Lounge
Topic: Saying no without being a jerk. Or not.
Replies: 31
Views: 910

Re: Saying no without being a jerk. Or not.

Chisamba wrote:;) I am sorry I cannot do that because I will end up resenting the non reciprocal nature of these favors and I'd prefer to keep on liking you.



I can totally see Xan doing this!
by Chancellor
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:43 pm
Forum: The Observation Lounge
Topic: I said YES!
Replies: 28
Views: 733

Re: I said YES!

ps. Please try uploading an image now.
by Chancellor
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:32 pm
Forum: The Observation Lounge
Topic: I said YES!
Replies: 28
Views: 733

Re: I said YES!

Huge Congratulations!
by Chancellor
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:57 pm
Forum: The Observation Lounge
Topic: Pre-Thanksgiving thanks giving post
Replies: 9
Views: 323

Re: Pre-Thanksgiving thanks giving post

On Friday, I got the news that the bone scan I had because I was having back pain was clear from cancer. So, I am very very thankful about that.
by Chancellor
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:58 pm
Forum: Veterinary, Nutrition, Grooming & Farrier Questions
Topic: Laminitis
Replies: 9
Views: 365

Re: Laminitis

My friend's horse had a really really bad case of laminitis with rotation. They did bilateral tenotomy and the horse is now rideable which is amazing.
by Chancellor
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:41 pm
Forum: Veterinary, Nutrition, Grooming & Farrier Questions
Topic: "cool backed" horse and magnesium
Replies: 17
Views: 562

Re: "cool backed" horse and magnesium

I'll probably do the test but in the spring when I do shots. Foir now, I will try those supplements and keep warming up his back. Poor petunia! Zinnia, Mocha was somewhat cold backed also. I used a quarter sheet but I also found that keeping his saddle pad in a warm room before I put it on his back...
by Chancellor
Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:58 pm
Forum: Veterinary, Nutrition, Grooming & Farrier Questions
Topic: Why acupuncture is complete nonsense
Replies: 92
Views: 2594

Re: Why acupuncture is complete nonsense

No, you won't. You are disagreeing with me that this was meant to be humor. Disagreement is fine. However, telling someone they are stupid because they don't agree with your point of view is not ok. Whether it was meant to be humor or not, I see nothing rude in any of it, nor did I catch the stupid...
by Chancellor
Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:03 pm
Forum: Veterinary, Nutrition, Grooming & Farrier Questions
Topic: Why acupuncture is complete nonsense
Replies: 92
Views: 2594

Re: Why acupuncture is complete nonsense

Same here. And I think there may be some humor impairment going on, too. So now you (MC) and I will probably get a time out, too. No, you won't. You are disagreeing with me that this was meant to be humor. Disagreement is fine. However, telling someone they are stupid because they don't agree with ...
by Chancellor
Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:40 pm
Forum: Veterinary, Nutrition, Grooming & Farrier Questions
Topic: Why acupuncture is complete nonsense
Replies: 92
Views: 2594

Re: Why acupuncture is complete nonsense

Well so what? I don't understand what appears to be animosity against someone that wants to post an opinion on a product, procedure, training method or anything else having to do with horses. All would be well and good if it was something most here accepted. After all, this is a 'discussion forum' ...
by Chancellor
Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:38 pm
Forum: Veterinary, Nutrition, Grooming & Farrier Questions
Topic: Why acupuncture is complete nonsense
Replies: 92
Views: 2594

Re: Why acupuncture is complete nonsense

OP, you don't sound like someone that's trying to enlighten the world on science. You sound like someone on a soapbox in a park. Well so what? I don't understand what appears to be animosity against someone that wants to post an opinion on a product, procedure, training method or anything else havi...
by Chancellor
Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:01 pm
Forum: Veterinary, Nutrition, Grooming & Farrier Questions
Topic: Why acupuncture is complete nonsense
Replies: 92
Views: 2594

Re: Why acupuncture is complete nonsense

Tsavo, You have already been warned once. You are being incredibly rude.
by Chancellor
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:12 pm
Forum: Dressage Training
Topic: Ex-trotter owners? Horse moving too much upward
Replies: 26
Views: 793

Re: Ex-trotter owners? Horse moving too much upward

Wow! They are beautiful. Welcome!
by Chancellor
Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:53 pm
Forum: Veterinary, Nutrition, Grooming & Farrier Questions
Topic: Why acupuncture is complete nonsense
Replies: 92
Views: 2594

Re: Why acupuncture is complete nonsense

Tsavo, this is an easy one. Don't like acupuncture? Don't get it done. Don't waste your money!
However, I am one who believes in its ability to help. I guess that makes me a faith healer, creationist or flat earther?
Yet somehow I am smart enough to keep this board technologically sound.
by Chancellor
Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:29 pm
Forum: Technical Support
Topic: one pm was delivered recently, but no more :-(
Replies: 9
Views: 305

Re: one pm was delivered recently, but no more :-(

Kande, if you want to practice sending me PMs, you are welcome to do so. I will try to keep an eye out today!
by Chancellor
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:35 pm
Forum: Technical Support
Topic: one pm was delivered recently, but no more :-(
Replies: 9
Views: 305

Re: one pm was delivered recently, but no more :-(

I sent a pm on the 4th, got a reply, and then sent another and it never went. So I sent more, and they never went. I have 2 stuck in my outbox right now, it says the were sent, but the only one that shows up in the sent folder is the one I sent on the 4th and got a reply to. They are not stuck in y...
by Chancellor
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:35 pm
Forum: Technical Support
Topic: one pm was delivered recently, but no more :-(
Replies: 9
Views: 305

Re: one pm was delivered recently, but no more :-(

Tsavo wrote:The person's inbox may be full. Stop sending so many pms. :-)


Tsavo, this is out of line. You have no business answering the technical support questions.
by Chancellor
Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:33 pm
Forum: The Political Forum and Other Hot Topics!
Topic: Do MC and I really have different gripes with Trump?
Replies: 43
Views: 1200

Re: Do MC and I really have different gripes with Trump?

See, this is what good civil discourse is about Ang. You helped me think about this in another way (the pit bull analogy hit home! Good job)

I agree with you completely that Trump is out of line sending troops to meet this caravan especially since the military can't do anything about it.
by Chancellor
Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:15 pm
Forum: The Observation Lounge
Topic: Others are concerned about how I feed my horses.
Replies: 21
Views: 1032

Re: Others are concerned about how I feed my horses.

I think your horse might be lame. Just look at how he is standing.
by Chancellor
Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:13 pm
Forum: The Political Forum and Other Hot Topics!
Topic: Ignorance and getting rolled
Replies: 38
Views: 1217

Re: Ignorance and getting rolled

you may choose to believe they are being ignorant, etc but they, more than likely, feel the same about you. And that's exactly the feedback I get when I talk to pro-Trump voters. The term "educated idiots", and similar, come up often. So you lower yourself to the opposing view's level? Ju...
by Chancellor
Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:42 pm
Forum: The Political Forum and Other Hot Topics!
Topic: Do MC and I really have different gripes with Trump?
Replies: 43
Views: 1200

Re: Do MC and I really have different gripes with Trump?

MC but we do know that it is likely just like in the spring that this caravan will dwindle as it closes in on the US. IMO much ado about nothing re the caravan. All of 11 from that caravan in April crossed the boarder without proper channels. At one time, Obama was called "The Deporter in Chie...
by Chancellor
Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:56 pm
Forum: The Political Forum and Other Hot Topics!
Topic: Do MC and I really have different gripes with Trump?
Replies: 43
Views: 1200

Re: Do MC and I really have different gripes with Trump?

Oh, so it is okay because it is a misdemeanor? Ok. Good to know. Tsavo, you do realize you are insulting me...the owner of this board who PAYS for YOU to be able to be here. Can you at least consider that before you say there is nothing good about Republicans? I'd also like to see your "facts&q...
by Chancellor
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:34 pm
Forum: The Political Forum and Other Hot Topics!
Topic: Do MC and I really have different gripes with Trump?
Replies: 43
Views: 1200

Re: Do MC and I really have different gripes with Trump?

Why do you think some choose not to follow the 'legal path'? And how many do you think that is that choose to not follow the legal path? From what I understand asylum seeking, to escape drug cartels and other horrific conditions, is covered as 'legal', no? Should we no longer offer asylum for extre...
by Chancellor
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:26 pm
Forum: The Political Forum and Other Hot Topics!
Topic: Do MC and I really have different gripes with Trump?
Replies: 43
Views: 1200

Re: Do MC and I really have different gripes with Trump?

Chancelor, you forgot to add in there to my quote "When they spout Faux news lies and DT drivel aka lies" and I further explained I did have civil discussions with conservative friends, ones who actually wanted to understand my point of view. But when I am called a libetard or been told t...
by Chancellor
Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:38 pm
Forum: The Political Forum and Other Hot Topics!
Topic: Do MC and I really have different gripes with Trump?
Replies: 43
Views: 1200

Re: Do MC and I really have different gripes with Trump?

Ang, my family came over too on a boat. However, there are some big differences in my opinion. 1. My great grandmother came over legally and became a citizen legally. 2. She came over to work here and seek the American Dream. When she went to work, she paid into Social Security and paid all her taxe...
by Chancellor
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:13 pm
Forum: The Political Forum and Other Hot Topics!
Topic: Do MC and I really have different gripes with Trump?
Replies: 43
Views: 1200

Re: Do MC and I really have different gripes with Trump?

I have many many friends IRL who are democrats while I am a moderate. Could you please clarify this, lol. Clarify how? I am a registered Republican. I believe in small government and I also believe that if we continue to do more and more for people, that more and more people will expect help from t...
by Chancellor
Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:34 pm
Forum: The Political Forum and Other Hot Topics!
Topic: Do MC and I really have different gripes with Trump?
Replies: 43
Views: 1200

Re: Do MC and I really have different gripes with Trump?

I have many many friends IRL who are democrats while I am a moderate. And I consider myself an old school Republican with small government etc. The Republicans today with all the theology thrown in and forcing their wishes on others are not the Republicans I support. However, why NOT listen to them?...
by Chancellor
Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:29 pm
Forum: The Political Forum and Other Hot Topics!
Topic: Ignorance and getting rolled
Replies: 38
Views: 1217

Re: Ignorance and getting rolled

That's what creationists say and they are 1,000 percent wrong also. Next. In your opinion, they are wrong. Why is it that people with an opposing view need to "listen" to your point of view while you appear to refuse to listen to opposing points of view?? If you will not treat me and my o...
by Chancellor
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:10 pm
Forum: The Observation Lounge
Topic: Thinking about using a buyer's agent
Replies: 28
Views: 988

Re: Thinking about using a buyer's agent

Wasn't there someone on the old UDBB that raised draft crosses? Does anyone remember?
by Chancellor
Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:20 pm
Forum: The Observation Lounge
Topic: Hey, there, folks!
Replies: 26
Views: 969

Re: Hey, there, folks!

blob wrote:Another old new member here!

The fb flurry caught me and sent me over :)



Welcome. Bring some friends!

I will have to revive the horse of the month soon!
by Chancellor
Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:45 pm
Forum: Technical Support
Topic: Avatar trouble
Replies: 6
Views: 255

Re: Avatar trouble

You can shrink any photo with paint. Just open the photo in paint and then click the resize button at the top.
by Chancellor
Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:23 pm
Forum: Technical Support
Topic: Avatar trouble
Replies: 6
Views: 255

Re: Avatar trouble

Remember that avatars use a lot of bandwidth since they appear on all your posts. So, I have limited the size to 90 x 90
by Chancellor
Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:53 pm
Forum: The Observation Lounge
Topic: Lesson rant
Replies: 38
Views: 1463

Re: Lesson rant

Me too because sometimes you just can't believe that a person won't do the right thing. I used to "assume" that people would do the right thing, but I am long over that now. I too used to assume that people would do the right thing. Sadly, it seems to be the exception to the rule these da...
by Chancellor
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:10 pm
Forum: The Observation Lounge
Topic: Tell us about YOU.
Replies: 205
Views: 44008

Re: Tell us about YOU.

Like you, I have no horses in my life right now and I don't know that I will ever have them in my life again. However, this community is still great and fun to chat with. No horses Chancellor and Tanker-yanker? How come? Sorry if it's too hard a question - no need to answer if you'd rather not. Unf...
by Chancellor
Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:51 pm
Forum: The Observation Lounge
Topic: Four days to go. Whoohoo
Replies: 22
Views: 991

Re: Four days to go. Whoohoo

I wonder if they will refund if it gets cancelled? It would be nice to recoup some of that money!

Go to advanced search