Had my first ride! BAREBACK & BITLESS!

Baroque
Herd Member

Had my first ride! BAREBACK & BITLESS!

Postby Baroque » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:32 am

:D

I finally had my first pony ride on Zeus this week. He is now 5yo and has grown up nicely, so tis time to look at breaking in.

zeus.jpg
zeus.jpg (82.69 KiB) Viewed 9927 times

Watch this space... :lol:
Last edited by Baroque on Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Baroque
Herd Member

Re: Had my first ride!

Postby Baroque » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:04 am

No I didn't ride him on that day, he'd just come back into work and was throwing a bit of a tanty and looking at the guy working on our new shed foundations with his grinder so I sensibly opted to stay on the ground that day. :lol:

I hopped on him this week after he'd done some work, we practiced getting on and off bareback while my trainer held him for me, then I sat on him and we went for a little walk, tried the brakes and turning [both of which work fine bitless] before asking for a few sideways steps and finally a small reinback.

He was perfect. 8-) And he felt FANTASTIC!

zeus headshot sept2016.jpg
zeus headshot sept2016.jpg (248.06 KiB) Viewed 9924 times

IMG_1473891559045.jpg
IMG_1473891559045.jpg (49 KiB) Viewed 9924 times

It's been a long wet muddy winter and all of my horses have been outside in the mud and loving it!

piedmontfields
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Had my first ride! BAREBACK & BITLESS!

Postby piedmontfields » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:58 am

Look at that little mouth on him and thoughtful eye. Stunning fellow. Please share more updates and stories.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:22 am

look at the cutie pie ears too. hope all goes just so well as you move on forward

Sunshine2Me
Herd Member

Re: Had my first ride!

Postby Sunshine2Me » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:49 pm

His look says "No big deal - I was great!" :D

Congrats on your ride!

Flight

Postby Flight » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:23 am

He is very cute! That's great the first ride went well :)

Baroque
Herd Member

Postby Baroque » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:32 pm

Thanks for all the lovely comments. 8-)

Had a short pony ride on him again on Monday, he was a bit more distracted this time due to my giant 18mth old PRE filly galumping about in the paddock behind the arena and yelling to him the whole time, (suspect she is in season again :roll: ) her friend was more interested in eating that nice spring grass! :lol:

But no issues with getting on or off him and walking around, he feels like he's going to be a fairly energetic chap under saddle and he's got the moving sideways idea off a nice light leg touch well sorted.

Again he was bareback with a roller and saddle blanket and I used the reins attached to the serreta with my handler holding on as well with a long rope in case he decided to misbehave (he didn't). 8-)

I'm leaving the riding the next couple of weeks as the men are building our new implement shed and about to lift the roof on with a big crane which I think will be far too exciting and dangerous to be working right next to.

Anne
Herd Member

Postby Anne » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:47 am

Congrats Baroque, energy is good! Can you remind me, is Zeus still entire - are you planning to stand him at stud? And what is his breeding, just curious, in my distant memory I seem to remember he might be by Jaleador? We have a lovely gelding by Cancionero, and very much like the breed.

Baroque
Herd Member

Postby Baroque » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:38 pm

Anne wrote:Congrats Baroque, energy is good! Can you remind me, is Zeus still entire - are you planning to stand him at stud? And what is his breeding, just curious, in my distant memory I seem to remember he might be by Jaleador? We have a lovely gelding by Cancionero, and very much like the breed.

Hi Anne
Yes he is still entire, and yes he is by Jaleador. 8-) We love the breed too :lol:

Zeus will be going off to Equibreed in a few days for AI training and collection and I plan to AI a couple of our mares to him this season as well as freezing some semen for later... He will only be available by AI to a small number of mares.

I have his gorgeous PRE sister by Cancionero and also bred a lovely 2ndX by Cancionero a few years ago who I now regret selling as I lost her wonderful half brother earlier this year to colic :( and would have loved to still have her to ride as she was a fantastic ride.

TeresaA
Herd Member

Postby TeresaA » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:45 pm

Oh he's so cute.

Return to “Young Horse Forum and Breeding and Registries”