Annwylid Dare to Dream

Josette
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Annwylid Dare to Dream

Postby Josette » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:40 pm

exvet wrote: He is very bold and loves to lead. He doesn't mind cars, bikes, dogs or ATVs.

This means he is already worth his weight in gold and toss in some diamonds too! :)

demi

Postby demi » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:18 am

Loved the pics. Did Jr have his lesson today? I’m looking forward to reports on the new official dressage prospect!!

exvet

Postby exvet » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:27 pm

No lesson today but he's going to have one next Saturday. I can't wait to get back into the groove. Today we did another trail ride and trotted quite a bit. He's settling in and is really demonstrating how level-headed he is even if he's a bit of a brat still.

To answer the question about the gate - it's a typical horse gate. They make them so horses can step over but ATVs and motorized vehicles can't get access/go through them.

Dapple Field
Herd Member

Postby Dapple Field » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:42 pm

Thanks for the gate answer. Looks like they would be easy for a dirt bike to breach but would keep out 4 wheelers.

Anne
Herd Member

Postby Anne » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:05 am

Also loving the photos, and what a neat gate! Will look forward to a lesson report if you get a chance : my youngster is not at Junior's stage (he's had 2 rides with a saddle on, walk-only and still with a lunge line, and a few bareback walk-arounds before that), but I'm always interested to hear what others with young ones in the early stages are doing. Your Junior looks like such a good dude.

exvet

Postby exvet » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:13 am

Well no pictures but Jr loaded and hauled like a champ and when he came off the trailer he couldn't have been better. We had a great lesson! I was given homework that I think will help and we're scheduled for another in one week. So glad to be back. I think we have the potential to be a real team. We'll see how things progress but so far this guy is living up to expectations.

demi

Postby demi » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:20 pm

I just want you to know I’m NOT complaining about the lack of pictures :lol: I’m just really looking forward to watching you bring him along!

exvet

Postby exvet » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:50 pm

Well I did manage to con someone into snapping some shots from my phone today but it is more trail riding. It's cool here for this time of year but sunny and gorgeous. I think Jr was happy to be doing something simple today. Not that yesterday was hard but there were so many distractions with all the horses, jumps, dressage arena etc.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:41 am

Dapple Field wrote:Happiness!! I've never seen a gate like your first picture. Why is it shaped like it is ?

It's to prevent motorized vehicles from going through.
Keep calm and canter on.

exvet

Postby exvet » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:58 pm

So today I was to have our fourth riding lesson this afternoon. My riding instructor texts me to see if I could come earlier, like right then at 7:30 am. The weather reports were indicating that strong winds were headed our way with gusts up to 50 mph by afternoon. I decided to take advantage of the time change and hustled over to her barn. Jr loaded like a champ and arrived a wee bit nervous. The wind was already blowing and you could tell the weather change was in effect. I was told we would ride in the covered arena. Jr has never seen a covered arena let alone been in one. My riding instructor asked if we'd be okay because upon entering, Jr started getting scared and calling....a...lot. We agreed that it would be a character building opportunity (perhaps for all three of us). There were others there riding as well and MIRRORS. Well long story short, we made it through despite one minor bolt and a good buck. We cantered both directions too. There were definitely moments of really nice connection, coming over the back and started to use more power from behind. The moments were in no way consistent due to the MANY distractions but as long as I was dictating and guiding, he was willing to follow. One moment of hesitation, however, and it could have been far, far worse. It was very reassuring to find out that he does trust and seek to be lead and more importantly, tries to answer the questions being asked even when his whole world is turned upside down. Looking forward to showing him recognized in the fall after at least one schooling show this summer.

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:09 am

Overall, it sounds like a positive learning experience exvet. Rising winds like that are no joke. A schooling show seems like a smart piece of his education. Keep us posted!

exvet

Postby exvet » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:04 am

I will do so. He's definitely a blend of his dam and sire. He's got the sass and the 'you can't make me up until it's too much work to keep resisting attitude of his mother' and the 'look at me, I'm all that and a bag a chips' attitude of his sire. He's got a snap in his back to his buck but not a relentless buck you off piece to his repertoire. He definitely inherited that welsh cob sense of humor so I think the journey is going to be a relatively lively but fun one LOL...

Anne
Herd Member

Postby Anne » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:50 am

Exvet it sounds like Junior and you had a challenging time, but that can be really good for learning and ultimately confidence. And cantering under those conditions!! Well done you, and keep us posted!

exvet

Postby exvet » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:48 pm

Because of work I wasn't able to ride again until today and we went out for a 6 mile trail ride. The weather couldn't be better so I don't know if that had a lot to do with it; but, he was relaxed and marching into both hands from behind, reaching over his back. It was one of our best rides. We trotted with more relaxation and cantering was fun too. I think all the trail riding is making him stronger and better balanced. I might ride in the arena once or twice a week which is different from my previous horses. I've always done a ton of cross training but typically I focused at least 3-4 days a week in the arena.....this time around I'm going it a bit different. We'll see if it pays off.

exvet

Postby exvet » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:06 pm

Well I knew we'd hit 'the wall' sooner or later, it's always just a question of time with each one. Yesterday I had a lesson, the second time in the indoor arena. I was introduced to a mini-me meltdown like no other in which Jr was channeling his mother from some of her worst days (before I got her). There were tons of distractions including horses being lunged nearby, other horses in the arena, etc. The lesson started out great and we were getting over tracking at the walk, bigger/longer and more powerful strides at the trot and right lead canter departs. The one issue I've had and it become the straw that broke the little twits back was dropping the left shoulder and blowing through the right rein/bulging through making the left lead a bit more of a challenge to get consistently. Attempts to address that resulted in sucking back and just full blown quit, refusal to move forward and all out buck, kick, bronc balling tantrum. My riding instructor got out the lunge whip to help which fortunately did succeed in forward and at times quite nice expression and canter departs with the big jump/step. I could tell I was running out of pony so we stopped after we repeated a few good circles with nice transitions but still with the lunge whip. Not sure if 'that' was 'the' mistake or not but it took me 45 minutes to load the little twit to go home. He, who is usually great at loading, put on the breaks and repeated the meltdown - rearing, kicking, striking........of course I was prepared and no injuries occurred and HE DID GET HIS ASS ON THE TRAILER WITH NO ASSISTANCE FROM ANYONE ELSE. I won that battle of the wills....I have a feeling I need to get in shape for a few more. Fortunately at 14.2 and short-backed even at my small size I was able to use dressage whip and lead line to provide him only one option - you go forward and you go forward into the trailer <period> or you meet the boss mare's response to your refusal. He pretty much self-loaded by the time we succeeded in getting his entire body on to my trailer.

He's still quite athletic with his kicking (for those who don't remember this is the one who kicked me in the face and broke my nose and shattered my facial bones/orbit when he was close to 6 months old) which is why when others offered to help I declined out of concern for their safety. I have plans to trail ride him later and I think we'll be doing lots of trotting and canter out on the trails with expectations of very crisp transitions upward........Oh greenie meanies, they are fun but I was exhausted after I got home yesterday and appreciated the fact that I had already ridden the mustang (who was perfect).

khall

Postby khall » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:48 pm

Oh wow exvet! What a stinker!! Glad you came out on top and no one is the worse for wear. These young ones keep us on our toes for sure! Been playing with my filly who for the most part is pretty easy with a few sparks here and there though last work she had a bit more temper to her. Be safe!

exvet

Postby exvet » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:22 am

Thank you khall. I rode him today, 5 miles on the trail and we cantered both leads, trotted a fair amount and of course worked on the walk - free walk, working walk, etc as well as leg yields. He was perfect. You wouldn't know it was the same horse. Tomorrow is another day and we'll work on the same, likely on the trail again saving the arena work for Wednesday, my next day off. I would love to see some pictures of your filly sometime.

khall

Postby khall » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:09 am

I need to get some video of my filly, no where near as far along as your guy. Weather has been hit and miss here for awhile. Thinking about sending her off to be started with a good trainer. Going to put a bit more time and see what I think of her. Hosting another clinic first of June so that will be a good test to see where she will be and how she will handle the work. She is easy in hand, but can be a bit woo wee on line. NOTHING compared to Rip but she is smaller and quick (that Luso blood!) if she does US what she does on line, yikes. I'm hoping her momma's blood comes out more, she was a gem to start.

Anne
Herd Member

Postby Anne » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:39 am

Exvet, glad to hear you worked through both the tantrum in the lesson and in loading - sounds like he was putting you to a bit of a test, and of course you came out on top! The 5 miles on the trail sounds like a good antidote.

Khall - how old is your filly now? I also will look forward to photos (video!) of her when possible!

khall

Postby khall » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:55 am

Anne she turned 4 this year. Ready to start, was just thinking of the plan I have with her this morning.

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:33 pm

Exvet, thanks for sharing your update. It is exhausting to execute all necessary boss mare jobs when required! Glad your young guy got with the program (for now ;-) ). I wish more people would read stories like yours and understand the work and consistency that it takes to bring up a youngster. It really isn't for everyone and it definitely requires a solid set of skills in and out of the saddle.

Khall, you should start a thread on your young mare! Starting with photos :-)

exvet

Postby exvet » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:44 am

Yes khall photos are in order. I had forgotten that we both have 4 year olds that we bred. I'm sure she's lovely.

I rode Jr yesterday in the arena and the focus was on crisp transitions particularly getting him hot off my leg and responding promptly to my aids. Today we went out on the trail again, another 5 miles and we tested out our canter departs. They were there, both leads and hot off the inside seat bone. We'll see if I can keep the forward in my next lesson. My daughter recently borrowed my brand new trailer and I'm already having it repaired as a result of a mishap she had; so, no lessons this week. Hopefully it just gives me the opportunity to REALLY make an impression on Junior that is sustainable.

demi

Postby demi » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:30 pm

Wow Exvet! The little booger! I am glad you persevered. Keep up the boss mare attititde and stay safe...

Sue B

Postby Sue B » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:20 pm

Gotta love those cocky 4 year olds, lol. Good job persisting exvet; I am so glad to be past all that with Tio now. ;-)

exvet

Postby exvet » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:03 pm

So it took a while to get my trailer repaired after daughter dear borrowed it. I've had two lesson since the aforementioned 'escapade', both within the past 7 days. That means we've loaded 4 more times since then. The not so little stinker is now self-loading. That alone is a huge win; but, what was awesome about today's lesson was being able to see the trot and canter with proper use of the top-line, swinging tail and working properly into the contact - each time I looked in the mirror, it was like, "boy, that's a nice lookin' welsh cob and doesn't he look like a REAL dressage horse!" Here's hoping I have few surprises or speed bumps between now and the fall when the local show season start back at it.

exvet

Postby exvet » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:51 pm

It is UNGODLY hot here right now; but, an update and a bright spot. Junior is progressing nicely and I get to ride with Heather Blitz next week! I only am able to ride once (she's here for 4 days) but for us that's probably best. We'll get to dip our toe in and see if we want to take the dive next. Let me tell you that at 14.2 Junior is 100% PONY LOL. I don't get many chances for pictures anymore but I thought I show you how much he's filled out. He's standing funky in the last shot; so, no he doesn't have 'that' conformation. He's pretty correct, thankfully. Hopefully someone will be kind enough at the clinic to take some pics. We'll see. We're W-T-C solidly now. Leg yields, turn on the forehand and halts are going well (prompt and balanced) so now we're trying to improve strength and stamina as well as establish a consistently true and through connection. I'm hopeful that Heather will give us some exercises to help (especially me).

Can't you see how 'thrilled' he is? LOL

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:44 pm

he really is a nice looking chap. good luck with your clinic ride

exvet

Postby exvet » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:59 pm

Thank you Chisamba. I'm just looking forward to getting back into a more structured program. Junior is a keeper whether he does well at the clinic or not. It's in an indoor that he's ridden in but he's still pretty green when it comes to distractions and 'bunches of strange' horses. You'd think living next door to a reining training facility with about 40 horses coming and going, new horses popping into the arena would seem passe but not so true....LOL....

demi

Postby demi » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:14 pm

What a hunk! And those dapples!! I hope we get some clinic pics. It will be interesing to see how he progresses.

exvet

Postby exvet » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:42 pm

He's a chunk in many ways but still hasn't laid down all the bone so at 5 I have a feeling we'll see the full tank. Our ride this morning went well which most honestly do. He's spoiled but very willing to please. I definitely see both his dam and sire shining through however he's not as 'hot' as either of them. I'm working on trying to get him very responsive without making him tense, over-reactive or anticipating too much. When we first started he was actually a bit too much coming from behind, not behind the leg but actually motoring and muscling almost all off the hind end. His transitions were almost too much up/vertical. I've had to ride him through that, get him to accept the contact and actually desensitize him a bit (not try too hard) only to now get him back to thinking start from behind (off his hind end), being prompt but coming through and over his back all - the - way - to -the - connection. Now that he's figured out the trot stretchy circle the rest is actually starting to click more too. He's pretty sharp and can easily do walk to canter going to the right. No one was asking, he just started offering it because he was figuring out the sequence of exercises. To the left it's been a challenge (though he's improving) in accepting the contact on the right reign and starting to really step into it. Until he's 100% I won't have walk to canter on the left. That may take another couple of months or it may take a year. He's just so stinkin' balanced so my challenge I think will be keeping his not so itty bitty pea brain engaged on the right thoughts....LOL...In all this time he's only bucked once which I find very surprising. He wants to give the correct answers most of the time and the ponytude comes out more on the ground than under saddle. It will be interesting to hear what Heather thinks. If all I get are 'cute pony' comments, well, I won't be insulted but the expense will not have been worth it...............If she gives me exercises to help us both get stronger and more cadenced as we build that strength....then I think we may have a bit more incentive to dive all the way in again. I'm really hoping to get some video. We'll see.

khall

Postby khall » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:09 am

He looks great exvet! Have fun at your clinic, hopefully Heather will have some good info for you to continue with.

What saddle is that? Love the looks of it.

exvet

Postby exvet » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:21 am

Hi khall!

Thank you! I've been watching from afar your sweet young one. The saddle is just an Albion SLK. With the cobs it's Albion or Black Country.....I've certainly tried others but I keep coming back to Albion for my own comfort as well as theirs. This saddle fits my section C, the stallion and this guy, plus my mustang. I bought back my 30 year old Albion Style because it too fits many beer kegs on my property LOL.

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:59 am

I wish you a rewarding clinic! I am living with just clinics these days (which is a bit far and in between), so I do appreciate the meaning of these experiences. For a barely connected to that moment, my mare's (now deceased) owner used to have a horse competed by Heather Blitz (post Mary Wanless) at FEI levels (Arabella, a Danish mare).

Junior does look *built* and I look forward to updates.

exvet

Postby exvet » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:39 pm

Thank you piedmontfields. I have to say that Heather did not disappoint. My riding instructor/coach did video tape some canter but the quality is pretty grainy and I'm having trouble getting it shared; so, I guess y'all will just have to believe me when I say that I got a lot of help and good advice. Junior was very well behaved and there were many horses in the arena. He looked but stayed steady and solid. Heather gave me good advice/help on some things to do to make sure Junior was more responsive to the reins. I tend to ride from my seat and leg a bit too much. She also gave me a really helpful exercise to help improve Junior's balance at the canter. She said he had a very big canter which is good and saw improvement in his response to my aids; so, all in all it was a good ride. I do have to work on his work ethic - establish better habits so-to-speak. She made it clear that he is not to pin his ears at any request I make - LOL - she admitted she has not worked with any welsh cobs and very few ponies. She is right and helped me with redirecting my focus so I can make sure he comes to work with a smile on his face ;) I'm quite happy with my pony and feel he's ready to take on more.
'

demi

Postby demi » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:52 pm

Glad to hear you weren’t disspappointed with your clinic! I had a feeling you’d be happy with the results.

Keep us posted.

Sue B

Postby Sue B » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:40 pm

Yay! I'm glad you had a positive clinic exvet. Tio, not a pony, when he was younger, had ponitude when it came to ridden work, but it all went away by last year, when he turned 6. I had to remind myself with every ride that I needed to ride "as though"--as though he was a forward thinking TB (he's not), as though he was mature (he wasn't) as though he was trained through 1st (not yet.) My "workman" like attitude eventually infected/affected him, to the point that he now gets cranky if I only ride Rudy. Last night, after a successful workout in 95* heat, surrounded by those nasty gnats, he marched down the road for a lovely evening ride out--something that, even last year, he would have claimed he was too hot and too tired for. I think part of the reason for a change in attitude, is that he can now "see" how it makes a difference in his daily pasture life with Rudy. By learning to use his body better, he can now keep up with the TB and not get out-maneuvered so easily. Anyway, I am positive that Junior will soon see the light as well.

exvet

Postby exvet » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:29 am

I'll definitely take from Heather again. She's here for 4 days but I have to work. Actually I'm glad I could only take one day so that Junior isn't 'overdone'. Thanks for sharing your experience Sue B. I'm hoping Junior has a similar evolution. I'm looking forward to more adventures along the way!

Anne
Herd Member

Postby Anne » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:09 am

Great to read your positive report exvet. Could you please elaborate on "She made it clear that he is not to pin his ears at any request I make"? My young lad is also inclined to be somewhat 'opinionated', so any pointers to how to deal with it would be appreciated.

exvet

Postby exvet » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:45 pm

She stated that if I make a request and he doesn't answer with an immediate 'yes, ma'am' that I correct him swiftly and make a REAL impression. I have always asked once politely and then follow up with the whip or escalate the 'degree' of the request; but, Junior even though he would respond (in this case by moving forward) was doing so with his ears pinned and not in the 'yes ma'am' sort of way she feels is required (to avoid other resistances further on down the road). So I guess you could say I walloped him hard enough that it made a distinct impression. Once the impression was clearly made I stopped and continued as originally planned. Simple enough in theory; but, she was looking at the response in his face (so I had to ramp it up until she could see in his eye he realized I meant business) a vantage point I don't typically have. Of course the ears should be enough to tell me what he's thinking. She just redirected my focus on the response and improved my timing and 'weight' of aids if required.

Anne
Herd Member

Postby Anne » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:19 am

thanks exvet, that is very helpful :-) Looking forward to more of your updates.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:06 pm

exvet wrote:She stated that if I make a request and he doesn't answer with an immediate 'yes, ma'am' that I correct him swiftly and make a REAL impression. I have always asked once politely and then follow up with the whip or escalate the 'degree' of the request; but, Junior even though he would respond (in this case by moving forward) was doing so with his ears pinned and not in the 'yes ma'am' sort of way she feels is required (to avoid other resistances further on down the road). So I guess you could say I walloped him hard enough that it made a distinct impression. Once the impression was clearly made I stopped and continued as originally planned. Simple enough in theory; but, she was looking at the response in his face (so I had to ramp it up until she could see in his eye he realized I meant business) a vantage point I don't typically have. Of course the ears should be enough to tell me what he's thinking. She just redirected my focus on the response and improved my timing and 'weight' of aids if required.

you know i struggled for years with a mare who seemed hyper sensitive to aids, would pin her ears at the leg etc. Well, one day i noticed that she will stand with flies biting her legs, i mean blood running where the flies bit, and not even stamp, so i realized she is not particularly sensitive to touch, she is just saying no. So i got a little more firm, instead of more polite, expecting an immediate response with a good attitude. Definitely got a much much better more relaxed and more co operative ride as a result. Honestly, i probably wasted three or four years of being gentle kind and polite to show her that i was not going to hurt her bullcrap. Once i responded with a greater expection of response it was a huge change in her rideability.

The thing is, i have felt sorry for this mare for quite a while, she is the one that no matter who it turn her out with, she is bullied. The alpha horse will chase her, i mean gallop across the field to get after her for a few days before they just relax. I should have taken my cue from them, instead of wondering why she was the one that they chase. Horses understand each other better than humans do. I guess i am agreeing with your clinician, and understanding the reasoning. I think at one time i would have said, if the horse obeys you, that is enough, but i do think the attitude with which is co operates does count

exvet

Postby exvet » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:42 pm

I had a lesson today and for good or bad it was the first time I've had a chance to ride since the clinic with Heather. Junior was even better than before and it showed. He was more responsive, very cooperative and had better balance. He is more consistently seeking and moving into a true connection. I've been told I need to get out the cavallettis to improve his walk because it's basically a 6 or 6.5 where the rest of his gaits are an easy 8. He has a really nice walk at liberty so I'm hoping doing so will help gymnastically encourage more swing under saddle. He's such a character because he's right at the cusp of stepping up to the plate and really signing the contract; but, then a grey horse (for some reason it's his favorite color) will walk by and he starts whinnying and nickering like a baby and everyone realizes he's still only 4. Regaining his focus is becoming easier and quicker now as well so I can't complain or be disappointed. I'm toying with the idea of taking him to the next recognized show just to school and see how he handles the atmosphere. We'll see if my work load allows me to do that. It's bitter sweet really. He is the culmination of my breeding program and I'm very, very happy with the result. I hear the others (get of Pro A Resolute) are still doing well with their owners which is equally as satisfying. I just wish I had been able to produce more than the few I did. Solid citizens, that's the name of my game. Makes life so much more enjoyable. IF they have talent above and beyond that it's just icing on the cake.

demi

Postby demi » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:56 pm

exvet wrote:.... He's such a character because he's right at the cusp of stepping up to the plate and really signing the contract; but, then a grey horse (for some reason it's his favorite color) will walk by and he starts whinnying and nickering like a baby and everyone realizes he's still only 4...

I love this!

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:33 pm

Great update. I'm really glad the clinic was helpful and a good exchange of ideas! I tend to agree with the "do it without ear pinning" (assuming no pain/problem of course) as a good bit of education for having a good attitude to work.

I laughed at the grey horse distraction, too. Have to say my grey (white) mare has distracted many a nice boy away from his work....The joke around her boarding barn is that all of the tall, elegant boys love short, round grey mares!

exvet

Postby exvet » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:25 pm

Another milestone! This weekend is the Region 5 Championship at Westworld. Due to my job and medical issues with my aging parents I haven't been able to get to any schooling shows this year; so, I decided to bite the bullet and take Junior to the Championships as a schooling opportunity. He was FANTASTIC. He was a little unnerved being left in a stall but settled down once he got his hay - a true welsh cob. Other than that he took in the sights and sounds and rode in the covered arenas without issue going through all three paces. I wasn't sure what he would do with huge horses cantering towards him but he didn't care. His biggest distraction was a super cute welsh x pony that caught his eye. I was so pleased with him. Next weekend is another clinic with Heather Blitz, then finally a schooling show I get to go to and then the one recognized show I had planned on competing in with him is planned for the1st week of Nov. I dare say that after a two year hiatus from recognized shows, I think The Ranch of Last Resort is back and this time with Annwylid Dare to Dream ;)

exvet

Postby exvet » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:27 pm

Here are a couple more pics of my boy - he has remained to true pony height too! My daughter caught a shot with the other welsh pony that was there. Junior measures a hair under 14.2.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:34 pm

Wow, what a good boy maintaining composure in that environment! He looks great. :)
Keep calm and canter on.

Tsavo

Postby Tsavo » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:46 pm

Nice photos. That one trotting left is especially nice... lots of pyramid elements demonstrated.

exvet

Postby exvet » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:56 pm

Thank you. I returned this morning to school again and see if I could get him into the equidome (often considered scary to horses). I was able to lead him around inside and he was fine. I lead him past my former coach on my way out (love her just too far to drive to now that I've moved) who hasn't seen him since he was two. She asked if I purchased something new and I let her know that it was Junior (by the stallion my daughter now has) my now 4 year old. She exclaimed, "Wow this one is uphill!" MADE MY DAY! I told her that was the goal with this particular cross and I think we succeeded. Just because I have more, here's another picture from yesterday. I just love my ponies.

chantal
500 post plus club

Postby chantal » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:20 pm

Oooh, so nice! I love him! And you are such a nice rider, always have been. Well done! I'm happy for you that he turned out how you wanted. You are going to have lots of fun with him.

Return to “Young Horse Forum and Breeding and Registries”