The First Debate

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

The First Debate

Postby Tarlo Farm » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:10 pm

I'm stunned there isn't a topic regarding this. I don't have time to discuss how great she looked and how bad he looked, but I'll be back. :D

texsuze
500 post plus club

Re: The First Debate

Postby texsuze » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:40 pm

We have a topic now! although I did not watch the first debate ;)

Chisamba
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Chisamba » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:49 pm

i loved the Jimmy Kimmel live discussing the debate on the street, before it happened, and everyone was willing to give their opinion. You know what it showed? that everyone has their opinion formed already, and are prepared to share it, regardless of how well or poorly their candidate functions.

i do not think it was a real debate since none of the other candidates were given a podium, and they had the questions before hand, and had prompts from outside resources.

Canyon
500 post plus club

Postby Canyon » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:30 pm

NPR transcript of the first debate, with their fact-check notes

I was fascinated watching Trump; he started off fairly under control and spiraled down to rants and jiberish. I am not a big fan of Hilary, but I will vote for her to attempt to keep Trump far far away from the White House.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:58 pm

i preferred the fact check that checked both candidates. i do love the fact checkers that give commentary on the debates i prefer the ones that give you links to where they go their information

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:24 am

I am not a total Hillary fan (I consider her a center-right candidate), but she was awesome. Super composed, ready, and alert. And I loved that she did her homework!

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

Postby Tarlo Farm » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:51 am

As all good debaters do ^^
My niece, who's politically connected, told me she was not going to watch it; Hillary under such pressure to do exactly the right thing, tRump to be a nutcase...
About half-way through I text her and asked if she really was not watching (we're 300 miles apart) and yes, she was watching after all. So we exchanged text the rest of the night as the debate progressed.
Pass the popcorn!

WheresMyWhite
500 post plus club

Postby WheresMyWhite » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:37 pm

FWIW, I didn't watch it. I figured she'd look decent (unless the pneumonia got her) and he'd look like an *ss and I wasn't far off in my personal prediction. If you read TOB, you''ll know I'm not planning on voting for either one of them ;)

Can I have some popcorn anyway?? (Please :D )

PS. IMO, regardless of where he stands on political issues, his temper and apparent inability to think before he speaks scares me more than a little... :eek: (not something I like to see in a world leader...)

boots-aregard
Herd Member

Postby boots-aregard » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:45 pm

I feel like I want to be the Popcorn Nazi: "NO POPCORN FOR YOU!" But this board is way more polite, so... :lol:

WheresMyWhite
500 post plus club

Postby WheresMyWhite » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:35 pm

Thanks B-A. glad I can at least share in the popcorn... IMO heaven knows we are all going to need it as we roll towards November even if know who our favored candidate is (and I suspect most of us have made up our minds...)

I hoped that not voting for The Donald would allow me a few fully popped kernels, preferably with butter, and not just the nasty black ones in the overpopped bag :)

DsMom
Greenie

Postby DsMom » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:30 pm

As always, tune in to SNL for a nutshell version :lol: .

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”