Do you believe the report?

goldhorse
Herd Member

Do you believe the report?

Postby goldhorse » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:49 am

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kenbensinger/t ... .qpYg89j4N

That's a link to the alleged report given to Donald Trump on Friday. Not the best source but that's what is out there right now as I'm typing this. It describes Russian surveillance of some of Trump's sexual proclivities and close interactions between Russian operatives and Trump's election staff.

Do you believe it? I do.

WheresMyWhite
500 post plus club

Re: Do you believe the report?

Postby WheresMyWhite » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:17 am

Curious that a dossier containing unverified and potentially unverifiable information should even be considered to be truthful or reputable...

I would make this statement regardless of who the subject of the dossier was.

galopp
Herd Member

Postby galopp » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:06 am

Much more importantly the intelligence supposed to be about (problematic) financial dealings (since his have NOT yet been released in general), and about the senate and congressional leaders.

boots-aregard
Herd Member

Postby boots-aregard » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:10 pm

I don't care about someone's sexual proclivities and I'd say that about anyone in office, regardless of party.

Stuff about his staff? Proof, please. I don't NOT believe it, but I don't believe it just because it's Trump, either. We required proof about Clinton (and didn't get it). Let's see proof about this, first.

WheresMyWhite
500 post plus club

Postby WheresMyWhite » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:49 pm

b-a, I don't we often don't agree but on this we do :)

Show me substantive proof and I'll give it due consideration... until then, it is just media babble attempting, IMO, to stir a pot.

piedmontfields
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby piedmontfields » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:59 pm

The content of the particular report has not been substantiated by reputable, evidence-based news sources as this of this AM.

One bit of evidence I would like to see is Trump's tax returns. While we might interpret what his returns mean, I think plenty of evidence of his relationships and vulnerabilities will be in those documents. I think the RNC took a big bet going forth with a candidate without this information.

boots-aregard
Herd Member

Postby boots-aregard » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:19 pm

I'm very unhappy that our country has gone straight from accusation == proof, personally. And with the biggest helping of outrage possible, on the side. We've seen this crap too many times.

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:21 am

I am paying attention to the fact that US intelligence chose to brief the current and incoming president on the report. Now *that* is news!

Tabby
Herd Member

Postby Tabby » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:17 pm

I don't see why it even matters. Everything we know to be true about Trump is already frightening. I don't see how anything in this report can be any worse whether it be true or false.

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:05 pm

The broader issue is about the vulnerability of the US presidency to foreign influence. There are overlapping areas where this concern arises, including Trump businesses, cabinet appointees, and parroting foreign propaganda from an elected office.

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Postby Koolkat » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:15 pm

piedmontfields wrote:The content of the particular report has not been substantiated by reputable, evidence-based news sources as this of this AM.

One bit of evidence I would like to see is Trump's tax returns. While we might interpret what his returns mean, I think plenty of evidence of his relationships and vulnerabilities will be in those documents. I think the RNC took a big bet going forth with a candidate without this information.

It could happen. They may be called forth as evidence if his ethical conflicts of interest end up in court.

http://www.npr.org/2017/01/19/510574687 ... titutional

galopp
Herd Member

Postby galopp » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:55 pm

Trump will never release his returns (even though he said he would (recorded) about a year ago), perhaps an ex wife will have the @*#(& to do so (although then they are cut off). The fact is we already know that deutsche bank holds a lot of his debt, but the public deserves to know. But another question is about the legality of a sitting president renting a government facility (i.e. the DC trump hotel).

goldhorse
Herd Member

Postby goldhorse » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:40 am

Forget about the sexual stuff for now. But are any of you now thinking that there's a lot of truth in that dossier?

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

Postby Tarlo Farm » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:42 pm

LOTS. And more. And I keep thinking about that huge grin Obama has had while on vacation. He knew. And he had to let the whole thing unfold in its own time. I'm getting the popcorn.

LeoApp
Herd Member

Postby LeoApp » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:15 pm

Considering 9 Russians in the dossier have been killed in the last 3 months, yeah, I think there is truth in there.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”