"Fire And Fury"

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

"Fire And Fury"

Postby Tarlo Farm » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:24 pm

Just finished it and was pleasantly surprised by how well-written it is. I even had to have a dictionary handy! A couple mechanical editing errors (which I seem to be spotting in many books lately) and I understand Wolf got some birthrates wrong, but all and all, very interesting. Really weird to read a comment in the first quarter of the book how Drumpf likes to lie about his height so he won't be labelled obese - one week after watching that just happen!

Lots and lots of little items like that, along with remembering certain events and reading the back-story to the media attention. I recommend it!

FlyingLily
Novice

Re: "Fire And Fury"

Postby FlyingLily » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:38 pm

I really liked it too! It was fascinating to see some of the actual personalities behind the opaque members of staff, and also their obvious strong dislike of each other.

"Jarvanka" episodes were also hilarious. The typos seemed to me mostly in the first few dozen pages, and then the editing got better, which was weird.

The extent to which Drumpf's childish tantrums and lack of work ethic are driving the West Wing train was terrifying though.

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

Re: "Fire And Fury"

Postby Tarlo Farm » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:03 pm

I'm working on "It's Even Worse Than You Think" by David Cay Johnston. And it is. Alarming. I sit with a highlighter and can only read a chapter or so at a time, it's so, so awful; corruption, foxes in the henhouse with no oversight. And getting worse every day.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”