DACA and Walls

Sunshine2Me
Herd Member

DACA and Walls

Postby Sunshine2Me » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:19 pm

I'm so torn on this topic. I believe the DACA people should be given access to citizenship. I know a number of illegals, and they are good people. I have learned a LOT of good horsemanship from Juan, Jose, Santiago, and Julio. They are good people and I don't want to see them deported. They work hard, for little money. Getting citizenship is not easy, especially when you don't really speak the language. Sad.........

redsoxluvr
Herd Member

Re: DACA and Walls

Postby redsoxluvr » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:05 am

There is no easy path to citizenship with DACA in it's current form. Here's what was in place before the current administration.
https://citizenpath.com/paths-to-legal- ... ocumented/

Saddlebum
Herd Member

Postby Saddlebum » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:38 pm

What I have found which helps me is I wrote to my congress representatives. One reply was very encouraging as to his support of DACA. Writing letters helps me vent. Frustrating are the generic replies which say nothing about their views, just thank you for sharing your concerns with me. Duh... Ce la vie.

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby PaulaO » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:02 pm

I'm torn too because you have to separate the individuals from the issue. I don't approve of people being in the country illegally, however, so many of them are good people.

piedmontfields
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby piedmontfields » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:53 pm

I think it is important to remember that in US history, many, many immigrants did not have legal status when they arrived in the US (including my relatives).

Post-arrival acceptance and integration of immigrant populations has occurred a number of times in US history and is a very practical policy.

Hot4Spots
Herd Member

Postby Hot4Spots » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:04 pm

The wall is pointless and impossible. To throw out a change-up on "if you build it, they will come," - "If you build it, they will find a way over/under/around it." The vast majority of "illegal aliens" came to this country legally, and just overstayed their visas, etc. Swimming the Rio Grande and coming through the desert are the minority of "illegals." And Sessions has now, by his statement, made people who are LEGAL aliens - i.e., people seeking asylum - ILLEGAL. Seeking asylum. from domestic violence, gang violence or war/genocide, etc. is LEGAL.

And now they are going after U.S. Citizens born near the U.S. Mexico border. I don't fit that description, but my last name is Hispanic. My father's ancestors came to California from Spain before it was a state. My mother was an immigrant - but she was the "right kind" in Trumplethinskin's view - white and green eyed (British). Frankly, it makes me wary of renewing my passport, which expired three years ago.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”