When you condone the torture-murder of journalists

FlyingLily
Novice

When you condone the torture-murder of journalists

Postby FlyingLily » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:51 pm

Is there anything left you won't condone?

The shameless denial, cover-up, toadying to the killers, and finally attempts to blame the journalist for his own torture-murder, all have me wondering where it will end.

There have been so many moments when I've said, "This is the lowest possible! This is the worst he can do to our institutions and to the presidency". And then Surprise! He digs lower, his minions dig lower, his family digs lower and grifts harder.

Where have you gone, America? Are you tied up in a basement somewhere, bound and gagged and having your fingers cut off one by one while someone turns up the music to mask your cries?

Moutaineer
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: When you condone the torture-murder of journalists

Postby Moutaineer » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:52 am

This has been a watershed moment for me. I've gone from being "I must see all sides of the opinion" to rock-solidly horrified and disgusted at this regime. And I mean THIS regime.

God help us all.

Tsavo

Postby Tsavo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:56 pm

Lettered people say this administration is heading down the path to fascism. Germany didn't see it coming either.

Trump supporters are irretrievably ignorant or evil. Working class Republicans will reliably vote against their own economic interests and the wealthy Republicans play them routinely. They are sitting ducks. Trump has lost the majority of independent voters per polling. The largest block are the people who didn't vote. They better step up to oppose Trump to save the country. GOP voters are aging and not replacing themselves. We just have to wait until they die.

The Republican enablers in Congress need to be tried, jailed, and maybe worse for treason.

kande50

Postby kande50 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:39 am

[quote="Tsavo"]Lettered people say this administration is heading down the path to fascism. Germany didn't see it coming either[quote].

So many are aware of what's happening but either refuse to believe it, don't care, or can't stop it. I don't believe that the majority are ignorant of where we may be headed, and hopefully, the next election will reflect that.

Some say it won't because so many are happy with what we have right now, but we'll see.

Angfreda
Herd Member

Postby Angfreda » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:52 pm

I am sickened by it all, and I really can't pick an element of those story that makes me sicker than the others....
Germany's Angela Merkel is taking a stand.
That should be the US, because it was his adopted country and because we're supposed to lead on these kinds of things, to defend the ideal we suggest we hold dear.
So much for that.

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Postby Koolkat » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:25 am

Behead all the witnesses, what a great idea!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/sa ... spartanntp

Angfreda
Herd Member

Postby Angfreda » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:48 pm

I am thrilled to hear that Jim Acosta has had his WH press pass reinstated, by a Trump appointed Judge no less.

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Postby Koolkat » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:46 pm

CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Jamal Khashoggi’s assassination

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ci ... -khashoggi’s-assassination/ar-BBPNdey?ocid=spartanntp

KathyK

Postby KathyK » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:27 am

Moutaineer wrote:This has been a watershed moment for me. I've gone from being "I must see all sides of the opinion" to rock-solidly horrified and disgusted at this regime. And I mean THIS regime.

God help us all.

I can only hope there are many more like you who have had enough. Unfortunately, there will always be some who think this administration of thugs and con artists is just great.

KathyK

Postby KathyK » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:21 pm

As we learn more about this, especially that Khashoggi's troubles started when he was critical of Trump, I am beginning to believe that Trump could have been complicit in the murder.

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

Postby Tarlo Farm » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:27 am

Did you see the high five by Putin and MBS at the G20 summit?? Deplorable.

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Postby Koolkat » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:52 am

That was despicable, Trump is a fool (and seriously compromised, most likely. . . ). I wonder what their thoughts will be on their deathbed?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ja ... spartanntp

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”