Oh thank the powers that be!!

khall
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Oh thank the powers that be!!

Postby khall » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:12 pm

I cannot hardly contain myself. Not sure if I want to cry in relief or dance for joy. And our first woman of color/woman VP!!!

Now to survive the next 100 days with cry baby Trump

StraightForward

Re: Oh thank the powers that be!!

Postby StraightForward » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:05 pm

I just realized that I've been holding my breath for four days.
Keep calm and canter on.

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:29 pm

I know. Wonderful. What a relief. And TWO run off races of Georgia to hopefully take the Senate! If anyone can do it, Stacy Abrams can!

heddylamar

Postby heddylamar » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:40 pm

The relief was instantaneous! Now we need to get to work in Georgia.

khall

Postby khall » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:03 am

Heddylamar my family is doing all we can! Even my 20 yr old college student voted

Except for my sil and her family smh they are all Trump supporters
Last edited by khall on Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:10 am

I was in the tack room after my lesson. Checked my phone and saw the results. I let out a very loud squawk and just about spooked a horse in cross ties right outside the tack room. A few of us quietly gloated. I’m over the moon. I’m kind of looking forward to cry baby tRump’s responses.

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:27 am

I live in Trumplandia, so I am grateful very quietly. It would be amazing to get the GA senators elected! I am grateful for the ground game in GA that made this close race TBD possible. Awesome work.

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

Postby Tarlo Farm » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:17 pm

Yes. The work Georgia - and Arizona - did was amazing and wonderful!! Now for those senators.

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

Postby Tarlo Farm » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:21 pm

Honestly, I thought since the base got their judge, the turnout would be MUCH smaller. We do need to find how to reach those 70 million Americans who thought this guy was qualified to run the (formerly) most influential country in the world.

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:01 pm

Tarlo Farm wrote:Honestly, I thought since the base got their judge, the turnout would be MUCH smaller. We do need to find how to reach those 70 million Americans who thought this guy was qualified to run the (formerly) most influential country in the world.

As I have been challenging my left leaning friends, I will say perhaps the democrats need to look at their candidates and see why someone like Trump was elected. I can't stand Trump. I hate listening to him. I am a Republican. I would not vote for him. But neither would I vote for Biden.
And I felt the same about Hilary.

Could it be that other people did not think Trump was fully qualified but that he was the lesser of two evils?

I can honestly see why people would have voted for him the first time. Washington is broken and a change needs to happen.

I will admit that I don't really know why anyone would vote for Trump a second time. He is not a leader.

The Republican party needs to go back to what Republicans used to be. Smaller federal government. When did all this religion stuff enter into it?

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

Postby Tarlo Farm » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:31 pm

So true. And the Dems need to help re-build Unions and the middle class. And the religious stuff entered with Reagan.

Koolkat
500 post plus club

Postby Koolkat » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:23 pm

Well, for ~48 hours I thought we'd found a way forward. Tell me it's going to be alright.

He's the center of the universe, yet again.........

khall

Postby khall » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:49 am

Koolkat I hear you. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. Apparently Michael Cohen suggests how this will play out. That Trump will never concede he will continue to push the law suits as long as he can then leave for mar a lago saying he had the election stolen from here and declare run in 2024. If that is all that happens I will be fine. I still think Trump is going to try something to steal the election or declare martial law or something trying to stop the transfer of power.

It’s going to be a bumpy road and who knows what his supporters are going to do. Parler is apparently a hot bed of threats to liberals and Democratic politicians

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:03 pm

khall wrote:Koolkat I hear you. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. Apparently Michael Cohen suggests how this will play out. That Trump will never concede he will continue to push the law suits as long as he can then leave for mar a lago saying he had the election stolen from here and declare run in 2024. If that is all that happens I will be fine. I still think Trump is going to try something to steal the election or declare martial law or something trying to stop the transfer of power.

It’s going to be a bumpy road and who knows what his supporters are going to do. Parler is apparently a hot bed of threats to liberals and Democratic politicians

Lots of people are saying that. But I don't think he is smart enough to do anything like that.

heddylamar

Postby heddylamar » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:29 pm

I've got my fingers crossed you are correct, Chancellor.

khall

Postby khall » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:33 pm

Chancellor I agree Trump is clever but not intelligent it’s Barr and Pompeo that concerns me.

texsuze
500 post plus club

Postby texsuze » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:26 pm

I, too, am in the thick of tRumplandia. Gave the "raspberry" to all the Trump flags (and there are lots) while driving into town this week. Quietly, optimistically gloating.

Saw an interview recently with a (?) former governor, Republican, of one of the northern states. Wish I could remember, perhaps it was Michigan or Wisconsin? (That's age for you...) Anyway, he gave what I felt were some concise, balanced observations of the election, and some good advice for Biden going forward. That being, that once he's sworn in, Biden should immediately head out across America and try to engage and connect with (where COVID-ly possible) those folks who voted for Trump. To hear what they themselves have to say, and, to demonstrate his intentions (and hopefully actions) in identifying common ground between Americans.

I'll take this space to give a shout out to all the election and polling place workers who manned the booths, directed traffic, put themselves in the path of cooties, smiled at the dingdongs, diligently counted paper ballots with folks breathing down their necks--don't knock over that pile of paper ballots on your way to the bathroom!-- got cramps in their hands and headaches from opening envelopes, etc.

And.....bear with me, how cool is it that so many Americans cast their vote this year! Imagine if in years past, so many of the populous would've cared so much?

KathyK

Postby KathyK » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:58 pm

Chancellor wrote:
khall wrote:Koolkat I hear you. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. Apparently Michael Cohen suggests how this will play out. That Trump will never concede he will continue to push the law suits as long as he can then leave for mar a lago saying he had the election stolen from here and declare run in 2024. If that is all that happens I will be fine. I still think Trump is going to try something to steal the election or declare martial law or something trying to stop the transfer of power.

Lots of people are saying that. But I don't think he is smart enough to do anything like that.

Smart or otherwise, it looks like this is exactly what he is doing.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”