Re: For Tabby (and others) Canadian Elections

Postby Tuffytown » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:41 pm

Um, Yeah!

Rhianon
Herd Member

Postby Rhianon » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:37 pm

Don Giovanni wrote:
Rhiannon - TRUE-dough is the anglophone pronunciation. True-DOUGH is francophone.

Huh. Now I'm really confused I'm old enough to remember Trudeau, père, and I only ever heard it pronounced True-DOUGH out here in the anglo West.

I've been reviewing the published Liberal platform to decide which promises (other than electoral reform) I'm going to nag about. :lol:

Don Giovanni
Novice

Postby Don Giovanni » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:59 am

Hmmm....my reply went pfffftt.
I should have said that True-DOUGH is correct and that most anglophones say TRUE-dough.
On a side note, my friends dad was a member if parliament when Trudeau père was Prime Minister and was given a beautiful photo of Margaret holding her newborn son Justin. He posted he photo this morning, and the look on her face as she gazes at her baby is much the same as the look on her face as she looked at him on election night. Doesn't matter how old they get or what they accomplish, our sons are always our little boy. ❤❤

KathyK
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby KathyK » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:01 pm

Don Giovanni wrote:Hmmm....my reply went pfffftt.
I should have said that True-DOUGH is correct and that most anglophones say TRUE-dough.
On a side note, my friends dad was a member if parliament when Trudeau père was Prime Minister and was given a beautiful photo of Margaret holding her newborn son Justin. He posted he photo this morning, and the look on her face as she gazes at her baby is much the same as the look on her face as she looked at him on election night. Doesn't matter how old they get or what they accomplish, our sons are always our little boy. ❤❤

Yeah, yeah, all that mushy stuff, plus a big HUBBA HUBBA! I hope he does well.

Rhianon
Herd Member

Postby Rhianon » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:26 pm

I hope he learns to make shorter speeches! :lol:

Yes, no matter how one voted, the thing is to pitch in now and make it work. I'm especially interested in seeing what they do about C-51.

KathyK
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby KathyK » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:00 pm

The Prime Minister of Canada, carrying the Prime Minister of Canada, 1973.

The PMs.jpg
The PMs.jpg (41.63 KiB) Viewed 6779 times

Pippigirl
Greenie

Postby Pippigirl » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:45 am

VictoriaB wrote:It's funny, we (Canadians) have seen him for so many years that truly, I didn't think about his looks. His age, his experience -yes. Looks, no, not so much. However, on the world stage, apparently, that's what has people talking.

And I hadn't seen this photo. :shock:

CRumS6hWUAAszfC.jpg

http://www.cbc.ca/news/justin-trudeau-is-seen-by-non-canadians-as-attractive-1.3279862

I hadn't seen that photo either! :lol: Loved the CBC article. What a hoot for Canadian politics!

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”