Gov. Nikki Haley vs. Trump: What say you?

FlyingLily
Novice

Gov. Nikki Haley vs. Trump: What say you?

Postby FlyingLily » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:42 am

Her response to the State of the Union address had some really good moments:

While Gov. Nikki Haley, R-S.C., was praised in many quarters for her response to President Obama’s State of the Union address Tuesday, she also received strong criticism from some conservatives for her pointed remarks aimed at Republican frontrunner Donald Trump.

In her response, while criticizing President Obama on a number of issues, Haley also made a series of apparent references to Trump, including calling on Americans to ignore “the angriest voices” on the subject of immigration.

"During anxious times, it can be tempting to follow the siren call of the angriest voices. We must resist that temptation," Haley said

“Some people think that you have to be the loudest voice in the room to make a difference. That is just not true. Often, the best thing we can do is turn down the volume. When the sound is quieter, you can actually hear what someone else is saying. And that can make a world of difference,” she said.

On NBC’s Today Show Wednesday, Haley acknowledged that she was in fact referring to Trump among others.

I don't know anything else about her, but I liked this much for sure. A moderate Republican?

Canyon
500 post plus club

Re: Gov. Nikki Haley vs. Trump: What say you?

Postby Canyon » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:27 pm

FlyingLily wrote:I don't know anything else about her, but I liked this much for sure. A moderate Republican?

I agree! I wonder what her chances are of landing the VP spot?

stella
Novice

Postby stella » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:33 am

She finally seems like a sane voice in the Republican party. I wish she'd run for Prez! (I'm voting for Bernie)

martha sc
Novice

Postby martha sc » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:03 am

You would need to be from SC to know how little we think of her here.

Rooney
Greenie

Postby Rooney » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:52 am

She did surprise me with a respectable response to the SOTU but I agree with marthasc..............she's generally not well thought of here.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”