GOP Debate

KounterKanter
Greenie

GOP Debate

Postby KounterKanter » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:25 pm

Since we are in such danger of radical Islamists :x , I wish the candidates would answer whether they would support a ban on selling guns to Muslims?

Also, if Trump's mother was not a US citizen but he was born in US, doesn't that make him an anchor baby? And don't they want to eliminate that loophole?

Chancellor
Site Admin

Re: GOP Debate

Postby Chancellor » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:37 pm

I'm really surprised no one has answered this. KounterKanter is actually my husband guys....He actually is quite good at discussing BOTH sides of politics.

KathyK
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby KathyK » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:04 pm

KounterKanter wrote:Also, if Trump's mother was not a US citizen but he was born in US, doesn't that make him an anchor baby?

Yes, of course it does. I hate that term, and wish I'd never heard it. (Not your fault, KK)

KounterKanter wrote:And don't they want to eliminate that loophole?

Well, sure. For everyone else.

Spiritpaws
Novice

Postby Spiritpaws » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:50 am

Honestly I didn't watch the GOP debate this go-round. For me the country of birth of someone who wants to be president is way down the list of topics of importance.

And frankly a ban on selling guns to Muslims is ridiculous. Freedom of religion should supersede picking on one religious group and withholding the second amendment (although I personally think the current interpretation of that amendment is not what the founding fathers meant).

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”