Dem Debate

Ryans Friend
Greenie

Dem Debate

Postby Ryans Friend » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:20 am

Missed it: daughter is getting married, so family time.

What did you think? We taped it: worth watching?

Thanks.

xhltsalute
Greenie

Re: Dem Debate

Postby xhltsalute » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:56 am

Let me just say, I was thrilled to see a stage full of adults for a change! Regardless of their differences, no one is up there auditioning for the circus or promoting their pet projects. They are serious candidates discussing serious issues, which they seem to actually have an understanding of. Maybe experience isn't such a bad thing.

Spiritpaws
Novice

Postby Spiritpaws » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:42 am

I was glad to see that issues were discussed not pot-shots at each other. I thought this first Democratic debate had a lot more substance than the first 2 Republican debates.

carpevita
Herd Member

Postby carpevita » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:19 am

I couldn't stay awake for the entire thing, but did think Hilary displayed her extreme comfort in that arena. I thought Bernie had his moments and stumbled a bit here and there but overall did a good job.
But YES wasn't it GREAT to hear adults discussing actual issues?

KathyK
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby KathyK » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:06 pm

carpevita wrote:I couldn't stay awake for the entire thing, but did think Hilary displayed her extreme comfort in that arena. I thought Bernie had his moments and stumbled a bit here and there but overall did a good job.

Apparently Trump was bored. But that happens when you don't understand what people are talking about.

Ryans Friend
Greenie

Postby Ryans Friend » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:28 pm

KathyK wrote:
carpevita wrote:I couldn't stay awake for the entire thing, but did think Hilary displayed her extreme comfort in that arena. I thought Bernie had his moments and stumbled a bit here and there but overall did a good job.

Apparently Trump was bored. But that happens when you don't understand what people are talking about.

Need that like button, KathyK!! Not only does Donald not get it, apparently Ben doesn't either, as demonstrated by his incomprehension of the debt ceiling concept.

ProudHorse
Greenie

Postby ProudHorse » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:52 pm

o
Compassion is not a four letter word.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”