Best comparison of Pubs & Dems from debates.

KounterKanter
Greenie

Best comparison of Pubs & Dems from debates.

Postby KounterKanter » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:00 pm

The differences between the two parties aren’t just matters of debate style unfortunately. Now that we have seen the presidential candidates in both parties on the debate stage, it’s clear that the two parties don’t just have different political philosophies. They represent two different countries.

Republican America is a dystopian hellscape in which evil, violent foreigners are trying to kill us in our beds while rapacious jackbooted government thugs try to wrestle our guns from our cold, dead fingers and Planned Parenthood sociopaths are committing mayhem on children and selling the body parts. And that’s just for starters.

Democratic America is a very powerful nation struggling with a declining middle class and economic insecurity at the hands of the ultra-rich, requiring some energetic government intervention to mitigate income inequality, solve the looming crisis of climate change and manage global crises without plunging the nation into more wars. They also must hold off that anarchistic opposition which sees the world as a dystopian hellscape and that may be the greatest challenge of all.

Salon.com: Heather Digby Parton

outsiderein
Greenie

Re: Best comparison of Pubs & Dems from debates.

Postby outsiderein » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:15 pm

That about sums it up IMO.

KathyK
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby KathyK » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:56 pm

Not bad for a first post, KounterKanter.

saltheart
Greenie

Postby saltheart » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:26 pm

Yeah - I like. Welcome KK

Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Postby Abby Kogler » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:47 pm

=8-D

Yes, sure. lololol!!!!!

Love all you dems here, truly, but you are absolutely cuckoo about your views of republicans. Not going to fight with any of you, but I cant take this kind of post/topic/headline/article seriously either.

This bigoted blind goofy dismissal of republicans does nothing to advance any kind of sane dialogue about issues. Remember those? Issues?

Carry on! while I go dream about my hellish apocalyptic whatever lololol!!!

Love,

Your reactionary Abster

saltheart
Greenie

Postby saltheart » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:48 pm

The comments in the piece were not entirely flattering to the Dems either, Abby, in case you hadn't noticed.

KathyK

Postby KathyK » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:17 pm

saltheart wrote:The comments in the piece were not entirely flattering to the Dems either, Abby, in case you hadn't noticed.

No, she just went off half-cocked, not at all concerned with the real issues affecting all of us. Kind of like the Republican candidates did in their debates.

xhltsalute
Greenie

Postby xhltsalute » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:24 pm

As for "hellish apocalyptic whatever", got just the candidate for you..............Ben Carson.

Welcome, KK.

WheresMyWhite
500 post plus club

Postby WheresMyWhite » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:45 pm

KathyK wrote:No, she just went off half-cocked, not at all concerned with the real issues affecting all of us. Kind of like the Republican candidates did in their debates.

Again not the attitude for "meaningful" discussion.

In your opinion, the republicans are not at all concern about the real issues affecting all of us. The republicans, IMO, are concerned about real issues affecting all of us. Those "real issues" just happen to be different. Remember that there are plenty in this country who are lapping up the republican invective.

There is no "right" or "wrong" really. Just different view points and different issues. Keeping this in mind I think can lead to more fruitful debates rather than assuming the other side is wrong in their views.

NB. I haven't watched any of the debates of either side and I am not likely to watch any in the future. We have 12 months to go and I personally, frankly have issues with both primary parties...

KathyK

Postby KathyK » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:00 am

WheresMyWhite wrote:
KathyK wrote:No, she just went off half-cocked, not at all concerned with the real issues affecting all of us. Kind of like the Republican candidates did in their debates.

Again not the attitude for "meaningful" discussion.

LOL - I was responding to Abby Kogler's post. Do you believe that this post
Yes, sure. lololol!!!!!

Love all you dems here, truly, but you are absolutely cuckoo about your views of republicans. Not going to fight with any of you, but I cant take this kind of post/topic/headline/article seriously either.

This bigoted blind goofy dismissal of republicans does nothing to advance any kind of sane dialogue about issues. Remember those? Issues?

Carry on! while I go dream about my hellish apocalyptic whatever lololol!!!

was an example of "meaningful" discussion?

The Republican debates have consisted of fearmongering, finger pointing, and very little of substance. I'm shocked that anyone as seemingly intelligent as you doesn't think it was a welcome relief to see intelligent people discussing important issues in an intelligent manner.

boots-aregard
Herd Member

Postby boots-aregard » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:55 am

Abby Kogler wrote:

Huh. I think the Democratic candidates amply demonstrated that THEY remember Issues. Not sure the Republican candidates can be said to have demonstrated anything of the kind, yet. Now, it's true, they're still seriously engaged in sifting the wheat from the chaff and that might have something to do with it. But you'd *think* "issues" would be involved in the separation criteria.

WheresMyWhite
500 post plus club

Postby WheresMyWhite » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:18 am

KathyK wrote:The Republican debates have consisted of fearmongering, finger pointing, and very little of substance. I'm shocked that anyone as seemingly intelligent as you doesn't think it was a welcome relief to see intelligent people discussing important issues in an intelligent manner.

KathyK, as I said, I haven't watched any of the debates and I probably won't in the future either.

I can read on views, etc online without having to listen to the rhetoric of either side.

I don't agree with the Dem platform and I don't agree with the Rep platform. I don't consider the Dem's any more or less "intelligent" than the Reps...

Spiritpaws
Novice

Postby Spiritpaws » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:59 am

Just looking at the muck going on in the House over who is going to be Speaker, just amplifies the degrees of internal struggle the Republican party is having. And that is also reflected in their debates so far.

And let's face it, with control of the Senate and the House they are still unable to govern effectively.

The democrats have their own issues of course, including lack of courage.

saltheart
Greenie

Postby saltheart » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:58 pm

"I don't agree with the Dem platform and I don't agree with the Rep platform." We need more independent thinkers. Do you agree with portions of both/either? Does the Libertarian or Tea Party platform appeal to you? The Green Party? I'm not being facetious, I'm genuinely asking. It's refreshing for someone to not toe one or the other party line.

KathyK

Postby KathyK » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:52 pm

WheresMyWhite wrote:I don't agree with the Dem platform and I don't agree with the Rep platform.

Considering that the platforms haven't been released, that's a very strange statement. Or are you prescient?

WheresMyWhite
500 post plus club

Postby WheresMyWhite » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:18 pm

KathyK wrote:
WheresMyWhite wrote:I don't agree with the Dem platform and I don't agree with the Rep platform.

Considering that the platforms haven't been released, that's a very strange statement. Or are you prescient?

I don't see either party changing some of their view on certain topics... abortion, capital punishment, guns, immigration...

The details I am not as concerned about...

KathyK

Postby KathyK » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:55 pm

Good grief.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”