Pet insurance

All about the animals that are in our lives that are NOT horses
gee
Greenie

Pet insurance

Postby gee » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:34 pm

Does anybody here have pet insurance for their pets, specifically dogs? If so, who with, cost, type of coverage, etc. I have 2 friends who have Nationwide, brother has Trupanion, but there are a lot of what seems like up and coming companies. Any input much appreciated.

Quelah
Herd Member

Re: Pet insurance

Postby Quelah » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:12 am

I have Pet's Best, have had it for years. I have (Pretty healthy knock wood) German Shepherds. I'd have to check cost. One of the important things is to make sure it's per incident not per diagnosis or something like that. Like you want to make sure the whole visit is looked at as a lump some and not three different things in the visit seen as single things.

gee
Greenie

Postby gee » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:26 pm

Thank you!

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:22 pm

I just looked into it because we have two young dogs that eat everything. (And just spent $10 k the last year stitching up the dog, who we then had to take to ER in the middle of the night and euthanize because he was very old and pretty sure the cancer got him, and a tragic loss of a cat.) Trupanion was insane. They cover everything not considered normal care, but with a $500 deductable, it was $122 for the big dpg and $72 for the smaller one a month. Others have similar coverage, but it's more around $50 a month.

In the end, not covering it because with two dogs, five cats, and three horses, it's going to cost way more than the emergencies.

Return to “The Menagerie”