30 day challenge goals thread.

A forum dedicated to getting the rider healthy and fit and ready to ride!!
Chancellor
Site Admin

30 day challenge goals thread.

Postby Chancellor » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:47 pm

I know it isn't October 31 yet but we can probably start listing goals here now can't we?

Treadmill for me at least 4 times a week for 45 minutes. Meditate 5-10 minutes on the off days I don't work out.

Chisamba
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: 30 day challenge goals thread.

Postby Chisamba » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:54 pm

Test my blood glucose three times a day.
Ride my own horses four times... I am zealous about working my training horses but oft skip mine if I am a bit bushed.
Do not swear.

I am also doing nanowrimo. So I am skipping heathy eating goals this month.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:57 pm

Now that I don't have a horse to ride, my goal is to get back in the groove of working out. I ought to be able to get ripped by the time my filly is ready for backing in the spring. ;) I have a half marathon on 11/7, then I'll decide how much running I want to do after that. Whether inside or outside, let's go for at least 4x a week working out for me.

I'm starting Whole30 the day after the half marathon (bday is 11/6 so I'll be ready to destroy a decadent bday dinner after running 13.1 miles), and it will probably come to an end on 12/5 since that is DH's birthday dinner. However, I think he wants to go to a steak house, so I can probably make it a minor blip with maybe some butter and a glass of wine with my steak and veg, and then finish out the 30 days clean. Thanksgiving shouldn't be a problem - turkey (or maybe duck), taters and veg for us. I'm preparing already and rather looking forward to it!
Keep calm and canter on.

demi

Postby demi » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:36 am

StraightForward wrote:Now that I don't have a horse to ride, my goal is to get back in the groove of working out. I ought to be able to get ripped by the time my filly is ready for backing in the spring. ;) I have a half marathon on 11/7, then I'll decide how much running I want to do after that. Whether inside or outside, let's go for at least 4x a week working out for me.

YOU GO GIRL!!! I want pictures of you on that filly. How exciting!

As for my own modest goals (I AM old, after all!) I plan to work on diet. I have been working out with a personal trainer for 3 months now and I can feel my body has changed. Clothes fit better but I still have some fat that I would like to get rid of. So here's the plan:

Whole foods; meats, (I hate fish), vegetables and fruits, as much as I need to keep my energy.
NO refined sugar.
One cup greek yogurt (no sugar) per day.
Two slices of sprouted bread per day.
No alcohol.

I will give myself 3 points a day IF I meet all five criteria. If I fail on even one, ZERO points for the day.
Oh yeah, I am going to weigh on Sunday :? and then again on day 31, just for comparison.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:51 am

I am changing one,

Test blood glucose,
No swearing,
Drink water. 10 glasses a day. I'll float away, but it's my goal. Starting now lol.

Ganas
Herd Member

Postby Ganas » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:39 pm

I could never do no swearing, lol! I could try, but I'd slip up once a day. :)

I'm going with: my modified whole food type diet that allows for a sweet treat on Sundays and Wednesdays.

In bed before 10PM, no naps!!!

Duolingo. I need to learn German, just because, and I figure this is an easy way to begin.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:34 pm

Ganas wrote:I could never do no swearing, lol! I could try, but I'd slip up once a day. :)

I'm going with: my modified whole food type diet that allows for a sweet treat on Sundays and Wednesdays.

In bed before 10PM, no naps!!!

Duolingo. I need to learn German, just because, and I figure this is an easy way to begin.

i already failed the swearing, on today the first day, ugg. i want to keep on trying though

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:56 am

Got too much difficult stuff going on atm to add an extra layer of trying to be perfect. Next time, maybe.

Flight

Postby Flight » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:18 am

I'll have one. Stick to running a few times a week, and run one 14km run at the end of nov.
I've always wanted to do a half marathon but I usually run for a couple of months and then give up. I'm just at that stage where I give up due to a very painful stitch, but I seem to be managing it better this time.

Imperini
Herd Member

Postby Imperini » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:18 pm

I would like to get my eating habits back under control, so two of mine are related to that.

Goal #1 - I don't have trouble until dinner time so healthy dinners with reasonable portions
Goal #2 - No late night snacking
Goal #3 - Some form of exercise 5 days a week, even if it's short and sweet I have to do something

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:21 pm

Chisamba wrote:I am changing one,

Test blood glucose,
No swearing,
Drink water. 10 glasses a day. I'll float away, but it's my goal. Starting now lol.

so, accounting for Nov 1, two points

i swore, so that one did not go well, but i drank my water and tested my blood glucose and it was very positive, i had less appetite, and noticed a problem with my insulin earlier and was able to compensate accordingly

Score 2 for Nov 2. Four our of six so far.
Last edited by Chisamba on Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

demi

Postby demi » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:44 am

Oh, nuts. I'm giving myself 3 points for Sunday but only two for today. I stayed within my boundaries as far as WHAT I ate, but I ate a good bit more than a handful of nuts. I really wanted to eat cookies so I placated myself with the nuts. Nuts.

kande50

Postby kande50 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:54 am

demi wrote:Oh, nuts. I'm giving myself 3 points for Sunday but only two for today. I stayed within my boundaries as far as WHAT I ate, but I ate a good bit more than a handful of nuts. I really wanted to eat cookies so I placated myself with the nuts. Nuts.

My sister told me that she counts out 10 nuts and then puts the rest away before she starts eating them.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:08 pm

Chisamba wrote:
Chisamba wrote:I am changing one,

Test blood glucose,
No swearing,

so, accounting for Nov 1, two points

i swore, so that one did not go well, but i drank my water and tested my blood glucose and it was very positive, i had less appetite, and noticed a problem with my insulin earlier and was able to compensate accordingly

Score 2 for Nov 2. Four our of six so far.

So Nov 7....16/21...Relativelypleased, can do better.

Brydie
Herd Member

Postby Brydie » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:40 pm

Goals:

#1 - Have a lemon water every morning
#2 - Remember to have my multivitamin with breakfast
#3 - Complete the "7 minute workout" every day, repeating once more each week than I did the following week. (Replace with a run/walk on Saturday.)

Ganas
Herd Member

Postby Ganas » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:01 am

Mmm, lemon water! I do lemon and apple cider vinegar. I don't know why but it's kind of addicting.

heddylamar

Postby heddylamar » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:20 am

I'm late in joining, but it's not yet at the darkness, cold (with no snow), or heavy family/friend commitment point where this becomes a challenge for me.

Goal: Run an average of 35-40 mis per week all winter

I fight seasonal depression -- running is better than antidepressants for me -- and have several late February/early March half marathons.

Ganas
Herd Member

Postby Ganas » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:56 pm

Welcome heddylamar!!!!

Seasonal depression- ayuh, know it well! I have to carefully plan my winter as well. It starts now, during stick season when the weather is nasty and I'm staring down a winter of not being able to ride much as I refuse to board out.

I'd like to get up to the 25-35 mpw range over the winter and run a half in the spring. Working on it one day at a time.

Return to “Rider health and fitness”