Motivember Challenge- Week 1!

A forum dedicated to getting the rider healthy and fit and ready to ride!!
Ganas
Herd Member

Motivember Challenge- Week 1!

Postby Ganas » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:47 am

Whew, finally! I think I've been food partying too much in anticipation, looking forward to some responsible eating, lol!

silk
500 post plus club

Re: Motivember Challenge- Week 1!

Postby silk » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:31 am

Explain the process, please?

BF - ex - has just moved out so it's only me and mum. No more delicious sourdough bread, waaaah, but I suspect we'll be making a lot more quick and simple meals, and also eating less because we only have to cook for two. We have just got chickens too so have eggs coming out our ears!

Chisamba
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Chisamba » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:41 am

We have two? Threads I mean.

Ganas
Herd Member

Postby Ganas » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:31 pm

silk wrote:Explain the process, please?

It's easy and completely modifiable for whatever you want.

Pick three things you'd like to change in your life on a daily basis. Exercise, diet, things to improve memory, meditation, whatever!

You get a point a day for each day you do those three things. You tally up your points, there is no mandatory checking in. This is not a race or a challenge between others, it's more you challenging yourself and being here to share your experience with it!

Ganas
Herd Member

Postby Ganas » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:35 pm

Chisamba wrote:We have two? Threads I mean.

That was the goals thread. Here you get to whine and complain and cheerlead!

I am perhaps a bit too indulgent with myself on Sunday mornings, it's household tradition that Sunday mornings are waffle mornings! I do modify my waffle, it's made from coconut flour and oat bran, and I have to say I now like it better than the regular waffles I also make for the husband.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:37 pm

well, I already swore. it depends though, is the hour after midnight the day before, or the day of end of daylight saving time? ;)

am getting a glass of water right now, not having drunk one yet! and testing my blood, see, this is helping, i would have gone to sleep and forgotten

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:37 pm

KounterKanter and I just did a 35 minute hike. I figure 35 minutes over hill and dale beats 45 minutes of treadmill anyday. Plus the dogs got a run in!

demi

Postby demi » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:58 pm

so far so good. yogurt and nuts for breakfast. eating a salad w chickn breast for lunch. Got out of my lunch date for Thursday, we were going for Mexican food and beer!

and I weighed in this morning.....

demi

Postby demi » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:59 pm

what is KounterKanter? I want to do that!

goldhorse
Herd Member

Postby goldhorse » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:37 am

My November challenge is to not whine. Not whine about pain, hunger, anything. On Thursday, I walked into Physical Therapy and ran into this guy. Any of my little problems pale in comparison. So it's to the gym 3-4 days/week, healthy eating, and no whining.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3f_HreRzGU

Imperini
Herd Member

Postby Imperini » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:24 pm

I was sick yesterday so off to a good start! Sick enough that I skipped riding :(

I did not eat a good dinner and I did not exercise, but I also did not night time snack. Here's to looking on the bright side! Moving forward...

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:21 pm

demi wrote:what is KounterKanter? I want to do that!

KounterKanter is my husband's handle here on DDBB (and on UDBB).

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:46 pm

Ran 4.4 miles last night, had a huge salad for dinner (OK, two beers too). Yogurt with chia and berries for breakfast. Making use of my standing desk. Have to travel for work tomorrow, so I'll make a point of hitting the hotel gym and packing some healthy food instead of buying fast food lunches.
Keep calm and canter on.

demi

Postby demi » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:46 am

Chancellor wrote:
demi wrote:what is KounterKanter? I want to do that!

KounterKanter is my husband's handle here on DDBB (and on UDBB).

Duh. I thought it sounded like an equestrian diet.

Ganas
Herd Member

Postby Ganas » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:21 am

Well, yesterday made me really glad I'm doing this. I tend to be an emotional eater, when I'm stressed I crave and indulge in carbs, to say the least. Yesterday was a bit of a crap day, I have a horse not feeling well and am super stressed about it. But I was determined to not cave in and lose that silly point! So I made it through the day without one of those ghastlyamazing huge apple fritters at the store on the way home that was calling my name as I drove by.

Imperini
Herd Member

Postby Imperini » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:39 pm

I met all my goals yesterday, weeeee! Of course I did some cardio type exercise and started salivating like crazy and then was wheezing after I stopped, now I remember why I don't like this sort of exercise. If it's not just me being super out of shape, which it could be, then may have to see someone about it I guess.

demi

Postby demi » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:03 pm

I've already lost all 3 points for today by having a latte for breakfast. It wasn't a bad slip and I plan to stay on track for the rest of today.

Kande, tnx for the tip on eating nuts. I weighed out my "handful" for today and will nibble it slowly. 1.5 oz is about 250 cals!

Ganas, sorry about your horse. We can all relate to that. We not only feel bad for our sick pony, but then we can't even ride. At least you stayed on track.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:05 pm

I swore again, putting up fence, finger trapped between panels, immediately apologised and DS said, don't worry mom, in used to it. Now that was motivation to do less.

demi

Postby demi » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:44 pm

Oh my nerves, Chisamba! Fencing, even without a finger pinch is enough reason for my to let a swear word slip out...quite loudly, too.

I got 3 points for yesterday, and am on track for today, so far, BUT, I have friends coming over later and there may be some beer drinking...

Ganas
Herd Member

Postby Ganas » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:20 am

Fencing and beer drinking go together, right?? ;)

I'm doing well so far- downloaded the Duolingo app to my phone to make that easier.

Stupid phone made me stay up last night due to update issues. :( BUT at least I didn't eat a donut to help me get over it!!!

demi

Postby demi » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:12 pm

Glad you didn't cave in to the donut, Ganas!

So we are coming to the end of week 1. I messed up twice. My mess ups weren't too serious and I got back on track. I've been keeping busier than usual so I don't have much time to think about sitting down to a bag of Doritos and queso (and a beer).

I do feel better and am not really craving sweets. Sweets are my biggest trigger.

FORWARD!!

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:54 pm

My half marathon is done! Tonight is my birthday dinner, and then Whole30 starts tomorrow. I've been eating some junk in some sort of stupid anticipation of having all that stuff be off limits. At least my husband is doing a less strict version with me so he won't be bringing home chips, candy and beer. I'm actually really looking forward to it.
Keep calm and canter on.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:04 pm

I am pleased, drinking more water seems to help with eating less, keeping tabs on my blood sugar better helps with control, and I managed one whole day without swearing, but even those days I let slip, i was better

Ganas
Herd Member

Postby Ganas » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:49 pm

I'm pretty stoked. The week went well. I ate just fine, did my Duolingo and managed to get to bed on time all but one night.

The race went well today. I woke up with a cold yesterday and so was in a bit of a panic. Spent the day resting and eating things I thought would soothe my throat. It was a short race, only 4.5 miles, but it had an elevation gain of 1,100 feet. I was NOT exactly feeling perky, lol, but I geared down and got it done. Woot! The scenery was amazing once we got to the top and the trails were sensational. First time I've ever run on oak leaves! Slippery bastiges! And now I think that slight fever finally broke. Heh.

Return to “Rider health and fitness”