Motivember- Move it and Use it Week 2!

A forum dedicated to getting the rider healthy and fit and ready to ride!!
Ganas
Herd Member

Motivember- Move it and Use it Week 2!

Postby Ganas » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:22 pm

So excited for this week! Horse is feeling better, my foot is feeling better, looking forward to a lot of riding and running.

Chancellor
Site Admin

Re: Motivember- Move it and Use it Week 2!

Postby Chancellor » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:17 pm

Well, I didn't start off too well. I didn't exercise yesterday at all nor did I meditate.......BAD CHANCELLOR

StraightForward
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby StraightForward » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:51 pm

Day 3 of Whole30 today. So far, so good. I'm still sore from the half marathon, so did some yoga last night and will do it again tonight. Walking at lunch too.
Keep calm and canter on.

Ganas
Herd Member

Postby Ganas » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:44 am

Chancellor wrote:Well, I didn't start off too well. I didn't exercise yesterday at all nor did I meditate.......BAD CHANCELLOR

With every new day... well it's a new day!

StraightForward wrote:Day 3 of Whole30 today. So far, so good. I'm still sore from the half marathon, so did some yoga last night and will do it again tonight. Walking at lunch too.

The first few days of the Whole 30 are the worst for me. I'm sort of on day 11, but I had one gimme day and a sick day where I utilized devil's ear wax to soothe my throat. My legs aren't exactly feeling fresh either, lol!! How did your half mary go, feel wise?

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:07 pm

Thanks for asking! The HM went pretty well considering my lack of training. 2:14 this time vs just over two hours when I've run this course when properly prepared.

W30 isn't a big deal so far, I just need to remember what I'm doing so I don't slip up. But then I eat kind of paleo most of the time anyway, so its not too shocking of a transition.
Keep calm and canter on.

Ganas
Herd Member

Postby Ganas » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:00 pm

SF- any other races in the near future?

I'm having a bit of trouble maintaining carb consumption on the Whole 30. It makes me want to not eat many and I end up feeling not strong. Plenty of energy and lots of endurance, but I feel like I lack that extra gear when it comes to running the hills. I planned on carbing up twice weekly but I don't think that's enough.

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:01 pm

Medjool dates are good running fuel on W30. They are delicious straight out of the freezer. I'm eating a banana a day and copious root vegetables, so carbs haven't been an issue for me, but then I haven't done a workout yet, either. You might also try some coconut oil - the fat gets converted to energy more quickly than other fats, so it's good for low-carb athletes. It also just takes time to adapt to burning fat, so if you stick with your current regimen, you might find your performance improving over time.

No plans for another race yet, though I'd like to focus on speed and shorter distances this winter and maybe hit a 5K or 10K in the spring.
Keep calm and canter on.

demi

Postby demi » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:26 pm

Well, the good news is, I think I got a new horse!!

I didn't stick to my challenge diet all week. There were extenuating circumstances. Besides the new horse which Still has to pass the vet, I was taking care of a dear old friend's two horses this week and the 33 yr old gelding had a massive heart attack. We knew he didn't have much longer because he'd had an ordeal with a racing heart rate just three weeks ago. But she told me NOT to tell her if anything happened till she gets home. That's tomorrow. He died on Wednesday and I've been in a very unusual emotional state.

We still have a couple weeks so I plan to hit it hard starting tomorrow.

Flight

Postby Flight » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:28 am

Grats StraightForward! I think managing to run that far is amazing.
Demi - yes, I would call those extenuating circumstances.. talk about stressful!!

I had a week off on a holiday, spent most of it in the car travelling a couple of 1000kms. First run back tonight after work and managed to do 5km pretty easily (but remember I'm not fast). Not sure that I'll make my goal of a 14km run by the end of the month, but I should come close.

Return to “Rider health and fitness”