Cantering video

A forum for discussion of training in dressage
PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Cantering video

Postby PaulaO » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:54 pm

Cross-posted from Observation Lounge:

https://www.facebook.com/paula.olson.338

Hope this works. I cantered last lesson, and again last night so I made my trainer video. Over the years I've been told how horrible my position is in the canter. Well, those people were wrong! I'm obviously not CdJ but I'm not too shabby, plus I have become a hunter princess. The saddle is too small and I hate it (hence looking for an a/p saddle that fits me), and yes, my upper body needs to be stiller, but all in all I am extremely happy. Truthfully, I am going back to my hunter roots, but dressage means training.

I appreciate any constructive criticism. I am shareboarding this horse and plan to lease her. We are a work in progress and she is smart and has the basics. I can improve her basics and get her to First Level. Eventually. (this video made me realize how much weight I've gained so I will be on a diet).

mari
Herd Member

Re: Cantering video

Postby mari » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:39 am

Hi there! Your lower body seems pretty stable, and all in all not horrible at at :D I think you can really work on "pumping" less with your upper body, that will also help with keeping your hands and arms more stable.
The aim of argument or of discussion should not be victory, but progress. ~ Joseph Joubert

demi

Postby demi » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:51 am

Glad you're on the training board now! It looks like you're having a lot of fun and to me, that's the most important thing.

Yeah, the diet thing. I have come to the point where as long as I am fit enough to ride I don't worry too much about the extra weight. I started with a personal trainer a year ago and I am heavier than I've ever been in my life :? I almost quit him a couple of weeks ago but DH (who also goes to this personal trainer) said to give it more time...I do feel stronger than I have in years. If I get thrown now I feel much less at risk for injury. Even so, I am being extra careful about getting into a situation where I could get hurt.

Flight

Postby Flight » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:49 am

I love your commentary in the vid :D

Return to “Dressage Training”