Goals and progress, October and November

A forum for discussion of training in dressage
Chisamba
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Goals and progress, October and November

Postby Chisamba » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:20 pm

Its past the end of the month but i am doing my recap now. Inital goal was to get myself, my horses and my clients out, be it show, hack or beach. We succeeded, over thevtwo month period i managed to get each horse, although not each rider, out for something.

Deneb, lowest pressure trail ride i could manage with steadiest companion.

Best experience, safely having riders enjoy the sand and surf. I was so proud of Kimba, qho I ended up loaning to two kids, so tjey could sagely experience the surf, while i schooled their ponies a little.

Worst experience, Faramir managed to dump his rider twice on the same hunter pace, and learned that he could, so its been my not favorite task of having to stick his buck and teach him that its not appropriate.

The worst thing about training for others is having to undo things I prefer to avoid by prevention.

The rest i will go into on December goals.

Chisamba
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Goals and progress, October and November

Postby Chisamba » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:30 am

Flight wrote:Good to read people's updates.
Dresseur, interesting reading as I am doing more half steps/piaffe and 'school trot' with my guy and since I'm only learning how to do them I'm having to figure out what to do with my position.

I achieved my goals for the 2 months, I took the big young horse to his first horse trials, where we came 5th in the 45cm. All i was hoping for was to stay on and for him not to lose his shit! He was excellent in the cross country, I trotted a fair bit so we got time penalties but he was happier cantering and didn't feel like he was going to stop or run out at all.
Ridervideo was there (which was great for a relatively small competition) so I was able to get video! Which was very cool :)

https://vimeopro.com/ridervideo/ridervi ... /193301555

He looks like he rode even bigger than he is!

Return to “Dressage Training”