When your trainer belittles you

A forum for discussion of training in dressage
Ellie
Greenie

When your trainer belittles you

Postby Ellie » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:34 pm

Retracted. Thanks.

Judith
Last edited by Ellie on Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sue B
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: When your trainer belittles you

Postby Sue B » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:46 pm

Ha ha, I don't have a trainer but my horses sometimes tell me I'm no good too! :lol:

Try looking at the situation another way. Your trainer has come to realize you want to learn and do more and not just stay a beginner forever. That's wonderful! She/he is telling you how you can achieve your goals more effectively. It is exquisitely difficult to have a green horse and green rider progress through the levels together without some outside intervention. How can you explain what you want to your horse without experiencing that feeling yourself? Your trainer (it sounds like to me) is offering the opportunity to stretch yourself and learn new things. In order to do that, you will also need to do some off-horse physical training to get stronger so you can ride more effectively. Etc, etc. Look at this as a great big positive. Your trainer believes in you and your ability to progress in your riding. It is a day to celebrate. :mrgreen:

As far as your tack goes, leave that alone for now. Saddles are an individual thing and the trainer simply may feel awkward in your saddle. No big.

Ellie
Greenie

Re: When your trainer belittles you

Postby Ellie » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:50 pm

Thanks, Sue B. Just the perspective that I need.

Ellie
Greenie

Re: Topic Deleted

Postby Ellie » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:23 pm

Deleted.

Return to “Dressage Training”