Nicole Weinague clinic

A forum for discussion of training in dressage
Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Nicole Weinague clinic

Postby Abby Kogler » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:35 pm

I just spent two days auditing a clinic with this person. She was excellent. So many clinicians, even good ones, focus on the horse but not the rider, or the rider at the expense of movement, or one or the other but don't address asymmetry in the horse or rider...clinicing is hard and a clinician can only do so much. But Nicole appears deeply knowledgeable in rider mechanics, horse anatomy and physiology, how those two things can/should/often don't work together, and she also has a strong competition background. She has it all and what an eye. She worked with timid AAs, experienced competitors, some gorgeous horses and some not so, some skilled riders and some not so...she was kind, funny, warm, insistent but forgiving...I didn't want to ride in it cause I feel still so out of shape with no stamina, but I could kick myself, she would have been fine with it and worked with what I am able to physically do at this point. It was one of the best clinics I have ever been to. I hope that she can come back soon. It was a Legerete Open clinic, and Bertrand comes in two weeks and I am auditioning for the Trainer course. They are very different than the one this weekend, more intense. Nicole was so relaxed and kind.

If you get a chance to work with her, do. She will gently address your body issues, your horses body issues, and how they relate to your training issues. A trifecta! of knowledge and kind delivery of accurate and helpful information.

http://www.nicoleweinauge.de/termine.php?page=termine

piedmontfields
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Nicole Weinague clinic

Postby piedmontfields » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:39 pm

Thanks for sharing this report! I would like to learn more about her.

galopp
Herd Member

Postby galopp » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:02 pm

I like german girls Nichole, Melanie Bulmahn and Sabine Mosen. They are the most articulate and easier to understand, stress equation/timing most effectively, as well as a methodology. mho

Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Postby Abby Kogler » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:17 pm

I hear great things about them all. I respect and admire Bertrand and cant wait/hope to get in to the Trainer program. But Nicole was really wonderful. We are going to try to get her back. I can't believe my luck, with Kit West of Twelve Oaks Ranch in Murrietta, not even an hour from me, hosting these Legerete clinics. To be able to ride three times a year with Bertand, and then ride in clinics in between with Nicole, would be SO GREAT!!!

Seque: I have been so lucky in who I have lived near and was able to watch/work with. Sally Swift and Southmowing. Jack Meagher in Raynham (disclaimer: I did not get to work with him personally but I got to watch him and hang out at places he worked and Robert Altman came to Smith regularly and in Greensboro I worked with Maryann Olsen). Mary Debono here in San Diego. Jaime Jackson here in SD. Jeremy Steinberg here in SD. Susan Harris came to the Smith barn regularly. And now Legerete in my own backyard. Amazing! It really is amazing, to me, looking back. Not to mention growing up here, and having Jimmy Williams, Flintridge, Hilda Gurney, and Charles deKunffy all in the area when I was a kid. There was a happy constellation of horsey stars when I was born apparently. Thank you, Universe!

HafDressage
Herd Member

Postby HafDressage » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:36 pm

Good to know! Do you happen to know how much each ride cost riders?

Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Postby Abby Kogler » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:43 pm

It was by 45 and one hour rides...in Euros but I think it was 85 for the 45 and 120? or so for the hour rides. She was very generous with her time. They also split her plane fare from and to FL I believe. She lives near Hamburg I think and comes rarely but the Legerete people here are going to see if they can do something about her visa situation. She works in Australia regularly.

piedmontfields
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby piedmontfields » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:46 pm

Yes, Abby, you live in horsey nirvana!

Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Postby Abby Kogler » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:34 pm

piedmontfields wrote:Yes, Abby, you live in horsey nirvana!

He! Yes, I do >;-> A lot of not so great things about it also...we have a lot of Charro stuff and horse tripping/horse dancing which I really hate; we have a fair amount of wannabes who hang out a shingle and get horses and people hurt...there are so many horses in SoCal, and people ripe for abuse.

It seems though no matter where I ended up, I was close to someone who would strongly influence my horse life. I have been really blessed in that way. When I moved from MA to NC, one of my only horse friends was Barbara Stender, a judge, level 4 Centered Riding instructor, the highest level of Tellington Jones you can get also, and she was sane and normal. She is the first person who ever told me about Mary Debono and Feldenkrais, though I had heard about it from the LTJ clinics I had gone to. Barbara would periodically fly to CA and spend several weeks learning Mary's work. Barbara had been Marys first riding instructor from when Mare was a little girl. She thought Mary's work was amazing. I didn't really get it, and was really attached to the Jack Meagher method/techniques.

Who do I meet within two or three days of moving back to SD in 2000...working on a horse at a friends barn? Mary.

I am very fortunate >;->

Return to “Dressage Training”