Online Training Resources --anyone else trying out the Dressage Today library?

A forum for discussion of training in dressage
piedmontfields
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Online Training Resources --anyone else trying out the Dressage Today library?

Postby piedmontfields » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:27 pm

I have subscribed to dressage clinic.com for some time and enjoy the full length clinic sessions. Plus some of my favorite trainers are represented there.

However, I have been trying out the former dressage training online now https://video.dressagetodayonline.com/ that is linked to Dressage Today (they have been offering free 30 day try outs). It's a bit chaotic in some ways, but there are a lot of resources and it is searchable (although not that refined in the search). The clinic bits tend to be broken up into 10-20 minute segments so it is a bit easier to get to specific topics vs watching an entire lesson (although I do find it more thoughtful to watch the whole lesson).

I've been enjoying Catherine Haddad's teaching on flying change prep and aids. She emphasizes parallel aids for the change and I think that will help us when we get back to work.

I'm not sure if I'll continue with both subscriptions but might for sheer inspiration as spring approaches.

demi
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Online Training Resources --anyone else trying out the Dressage Today library?

Postby demi » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:11 am

This is interesting. But I don’t think I am advanced enough with Rocky at this point to get much out of it. Hopefully this summer I will be more ready for watching clinics like these.

Return to “Dressage Training”