Jillian Kreinbring

A forum for discussion of training in dressage
khall
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Jillian Kreinbring

Postby khall » Wed May 15, 2019 3:16 pm

If you even get a chance to go participate in one of her lectures, GO you won't regret it! So much knowledge there, good grief we were all just overwhelmed with it all. Some to the point of tears of how much we need to help our horses with the work we do to make them better suited to carry us. So enjoyed hosting Jillian and learning from her in both lessons and lecture.

Tired now, ready for a nap!

musical comedy

Re: Jillian Kreinbring

Postby musical comedy » Wed May 15, 2019 4:06 pm

Was this clinic a lecture only with no riding lessons?

khall

Postby khall » Wed May 15, 2019 7:12 pm

Lecture for 2 1/2 days then lessons for 2 days. Not all lecture participants rode or audited. Had participants from as far away as 6 hours (NC), though some did audit and some did ride and participate in lecture. All but 1 rider had ridden with Jillian before, all had attended her lecture at one time or another even if not here. One rider is a DVM who does acupuncture and chiro and has ridden with Jillian now since Mark died (rode with Mark for almost as long as I did).

Jillian does the in hand work that incorporates both Mark's training and Manola M training (she's studied with MM as well as Mark). Her biomechanics information comes from graduate school where she studied under Hilary Clayton and her continuing education from a wide variety of avenues. She is brilliant at putting the information together that melds the understanding of anatomy with the correct training of the horse. Clear pictures and discussion on the topics plus she is funny as hell!

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Thu May 16, 2019 4:03 am

I'm so glad I went to this workshop in 2017. I hope to get a chance to ride with her one of these days. Glad to hear you had a great clinic, Khall!
Keep calm and canter on.

Return to “Dressage Training”