More videos from Jeremy Steinberg

A forum for discussion of training in dressage
piedmontfields
Bringing Life to the DDBB

More videos from Jeremy Steinberg

Postby piedmontfields » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:54 pm

FYI, he has a nice new video of him working with his 7 yr old Sir Gregory-sired mare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl_qlc3 ... Msqlh2pGIM

If you are curious, it is fun to go back in time and see earlier versions of this horse's work. They have come a long way! (related to the gait development discussion)

Ryeissa

Re: More videos from Jeremy Steinberg

Postby Ryeissa » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:01 pm

can you post the other link?

What does everyone think of the work here? thanks for sharing!

I like to see how much he rewards the horse. They are very straight, perhaps almost too much so....The horse seems to have a long back, and If this was my horse I would prefer more lateral looseness (softness) in the ribcage, that might help the horse look less "holding" in the body and have the hind legs more under. Very nice horse, they seem to be in good harmony! So nice to see!

demi

Postby demi » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:04 am

Thanks for posting this Piedmont. I had almost forgotten about his youtube channel. I have watched all Augie’s previous videos, some of them several times. I look forward to seeing this newest one.

Now that I’m in a “new place” with my own horse, it will be very interesting to go back and watch his earlier vids with her, especially the ones that I was so fascinated with before. I think those vids will be even more educational to me now.

Rye, just click on the link piedmont posted, then click on Jeremy’s name, then click on videos. You will be able to see all that he has posted of the mare, from her 12th ride up to present. It’s very educational. If you watch all of them first, before second guessing his training, you may find answers to your questions. I know when I first started watching, I found myself going “aahhh, so that’s why he’s doing such and such”. It’s like watching an artist doing a painting....

Abby Kogler
Herd Member

Postby Abby Kogler » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:51 pm

SoCarolinas gain, Californias loss! I don't think I could take the summers there but he is a good advertisement for Aiken >;->

It is nice to see Augie progress through the years. Jeremy is methodical and patient, I love him.

Return to “Dressage Training”