Audacity program

A forum for discussion of training in dressage
Iminthebarn
Greenie

Audacity program

Postby Iminthebarn » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:48 pm

Last year I began teaching myself the basics of the online Audacity program so that I could create my own freestyles. The capabilities of the program seem to be endless and I've only scratched the surface. At the moment, I'm thinking of amplifying segments that would coincide with my "mediums" but I'm struggling with how to do that. In the "effects" section, I'm able to find the command, but for some reason when I apply it to the segments, it doesn't really have an effect on my music. Does anyone here have any knowledge of the program that might be of help?

(I hope this is an appropriate place to post this. I thought that this forum might be just the place for sharing our knowledge so we can create even better freestyles. If I'm able to answer any (simple and basic) questions regarding the program, I'll be happy to do so. :D )

Chancellor
Site Admin

Re: Audacity program

Postby Chancellor » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:16 pm

I think this is the perfect place to post this.
I've only used the audacity program for small things but I can well imagine how well it would work for Freestyles.
Thanks for joining the forum and I hope you can get some help.

Rosie B
500 post plus club

Postby Rosie B » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:26 pm

I downloaded Audacity in the summer and used it to make my first freestyle in years. It was a fantastic program and I will certainly be using it again. I am certainly not an expert though! Have you looked online to see if you can get any help from the audacity forums? I would think that they would have a HUGE user community.

Iminthebarn
Greenie

Postby Iminthebarn » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:22 pm

Oh, I didn't even think to look for an Audacity forum online! Of course! I'll do that. Thank you Chancellor and Rosie B.

Return to “Dressage Training”