Shows in Georgia

A forum for discussion of training in dressage
khall
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Shows in Georgia

Postby khall » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:13 am

A friend of mine went to a dressage schooling show and recognized WD show in Conyers here recently. The horse park was requesting everyone wear a mask unless on a horse (they had the dressage show going and QH show going) apparently no one was following the rules.

I'm going to attempt to have a clinic here this summer but will have rules that I will enforce here.

blob

Re: Shows in Georgia

Postby blob » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:58 am

I'm going to a show next weekend. The grounds are asking people wear masks in bathrooms and in show office area. We'll see how well that goes.

lorilu
Herd Member

Postby lorilu » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:34 am

I have been to shows in Gainesville (Newberry) and here in Ocala at the Fl Horse Park. Masks while unmounted. Plexiglas separating show sec from us in office, social distancing . Temp checks at arrival and a wristband to permit access to warmup area.
Few complaints. If we want to show, these are the rules. \

Our club is having a schooling show in August. New releases to sign, masks and temp checks, much like the recognized shows. We want everyone safe.

KathyK

Postby KathyK » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:59 pm

khall wrote:A friend of mine went to a dressage schooling show and recognized WD show in Conyers here recently. The horse park was requesting everyone wear a mask unless on a horse (they had the dressage show going and QH show going) apparently no one was following the rules.

This is why, for the first time in almost 20 years, I have declined to volunteer at any shows this year. (Bolding is mine)

blob

Postby blob » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:18 pm

At the show i went to in June, rules were followed well, but they were not that intense. You had to wear a mask if you weren't on a horse. Not everyone had masks on near the barns, but stabling groups were spread out, but int he common areas everyone was masked up and social distancing was in place and followed for the office.

Every water spigot also had soap and disinfectant spray next to it, which i really appreciated.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:27 am

Georgia was added to our list of states we may not visit . I work in Healthcare so if we visit certain states we may not return to work without quarantine

khall

Postby khall » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:37 pm

Chisamba I don't blame the northern states for treating us southern idiots like the plague. So many here locally are screaming my freedom and won't wear a mask or are denying the numbers. It's quite frankly horrifying.

Return to “Dressage Training”