On line course on lateral movements by Anja Beran

A forum for discussion of training in dressage
khall
Bringing Life to the DDBB

On line course on lateral movements by Anja Beran

Postby khall » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:58 pm

I'm an Anja Beran fan, have been for a long time. Have plans (when covid is no longer an issue) to go to her annual symposium she has in the summer. She started an on line class yesterday that I had signed up for last week on the lateral movements she teaches. There is a group of us who are doing the class and have a FB discussion page for the course. Her work stems from Nuno Olivera (her trainer Manuel Jorge de Olivera) was a student of NO. Mark was a student of NO. Cedar who is assistant trainer to JP Giacomini who was a student of NO and Jillian Kreinbring who also worked with Mark Russell (who I hosted for 9 yrs) and who works with Stephanie Milham who was a long time student of NO. This teachings just speak to me. They all have their own variations (the Valenca's also are rooted in NO where we went to ride in Portugal) but still a commonality to the work. Lateral work on bending lines runs through them all and is why I signed up for this course.

One of the first videos I watched yesterday was the stepping over video I call it rotation. This has been an invaluable movement to help Rip have better flexibility in his hips. AB shows it in trot, that is a very difficult movement for Rip. We are just now having a small bit of success in it. This movement requires very good engaged balance from the horse they cannot push forward onto their shoulders. AB video shows the horse US doing just a few steps, halting RB and then start again.

Anyway just wanted to share. If anyone is in the course and wants to join in our discussion group just PM me.

Flight
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: On line course on lateral movements by Anja Beran

Postby Flight » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:36 am

I really wanted to do this course too, so will be interested to hear what you think of it as it goes on.
I've spent a bit too much $ with online stuff at the moment, so held off.

Return to “Dressage Training”