Global Dressage Livestream and replay

A forum for discussion of training in dressage
Tanga
500 post plus club

Global Dressage Livestream and replay

Postby Tanga » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:35 am

GlobalDressageFestival.com.

Just started today. Watching the GP. Man, I wish I were scored like this. 2 steps of piaffe and you get a 6. A rear and 4 steps, a 5.5. 6 steps almost on the spot, you get a 7. Wow.

Generally I agree with the judging, but I wish they'd score higher and lower. Those above needed to be a lot lower, but there was some really nice stuff that really should have been an 8 or 9 that got 7's. (I'm only 6 rides or so in.)

Adding. Nice to see Guenter Seidel back. He's got a nice mare that seems a little hot, but super nice. Seems the Leatherdales have a lot of people riding their horses.

Adrienne Lyle has a nice new horse, but I don't know if she would have won if they hadn't overscored her in key areas. 7's for a CL halt with the haunches right, a reinback halt that was never square, and the first two piaffes were really uneven in tempo, and the second one right in the front of the judge rocked front and back with only like 7 steps. (That is supposed to be a really low score when they do that.)

Moutaineer
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Global Dressage Livestream and replay

Postby Moutaineer » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:04 am

Where are you seeing this?

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:53 am

years ago when I was riding upper levels there was a guy from Colorado who no one knew who kept getting low scores from the judges. I happened to be sitting in a box near to a well known German who was chatting away I assume thinking he was private , because you know Americans are rarely bilingual. he just couldn't understand why this nice rider on a nice horse wasn't being looked at . unfortunately, without intending to, judges have name bias. if you ride into the ring and they know who you are or even who you ride with, they look at you differently. this guy knew very few of the riders so his opinions were much more objective.
I found it interesting. jmho

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:38 pm

link please?

Tanga
500 post plus club

Postby Tanga » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:35 pm

Sorry, when I use Safari, it doesn't give me links, but when I typed in above, it took me here: https://gdf.coth.com/
You should be able to see everything.

Adequan Global Dressage Festival

You can tune in right now at globaldressagefestival.com to watch the rest of the Grand Prix CDIW for the Grand Prix Freestyle, then check back later this week for more Large Tour classes! Please note that there will be no Friday Night Start today. The Grand Prix Freestyle will take place on Sunday afternoon this week.
Image may contain: January 16 Grand Prix Special CDI 3* Presented by Harmony Sporthorses AGDF Week 1 Featured Classes Saturday, January 16 at 2:55 p.m. EST January 17 Grand Prix Freestyle CDI-W Presented by Lövsta Sunday, January 17 at 1:00 p.m. EST'

Chisamba 100% know there is a bias! That's what I was seeing, and the WAY over scoring of the piaffe. Isabel Werth can do everything wrong and still get 10's. And people in Florida have a LOT of money and that keeps those judges paid, so those scores tend to be very high. I know Heidi Gaian somewhat well and scribe for her regularly (she's a tough judge.) She had to stay there for months to get her S. She talked about how much higher the scores were there than here, and that's what I saw when I was there and we visited Wellington. That's our sport.

Return to “Dressage Training”