New streaming site: Matt Harnacke HorseworldTV...comments?

A forum for discussion of training in dressage
Ryeissa
Bringing Life to the DDBB

New streaming site: Matt Harnacke HorseworldTV...comments?

Postby Ryeissa » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:59 pm

I have been a subscriber to this new site. I was curious what others think. I will share my initial thoughts and impressions later! thanks!

https://horseworldtv.com/

ETA- matt isn't the clinician, he has people giving clinics like Patrik Kittel.... its not the same as the youtube channel
Last edited by Ryeissa on Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

khall

Re: New streaming site: Matt Harnacke HorseworldTV...comments?

Postby khall » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:03 pm

I think he is what one would call an influencer. He’s a pretty rider a d I like his mount choices. Love the Iberians:) but don’t really think of him as go to for training advice

I watch him on YouTube

Lipsmackerpony88

Postby Lipsmackerpony88 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:12 pm

Personally I can't stand watching this guy. I've seen him on YouTube. I agree with Khall that he's an influencer. I would literally never watch him for advice. Entertainment and to watch a pretty horse sure?

I think his equation is pretty but I personally don't like how he rides his stallion. But I'm a nobody here hasn't even ridden third level so maybe I'm judging wrong.

For training advice I like to watch Eliza Sydnor (I think that's how you spell her name.)

I'm trying to think if there's any other YouTubers that I like to watch as far as advice. I like to watch plenty for inspiration! I watched dressage today's videos. and I like to watch any videos Ingrid klimke puts up or a Jeremy Steinberg. But they are more just videos of them riding just inspiration of what I want to look like and how kind I want to be with a young horse.

Lipsmackerpony88

Postby Lipsmackerpony88 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:18 pm

To be fair I haven't watched a lot of his videos. And I do think his stallion looks like he is a tricky type to ride. I just don't like the video style I think it's more entertainment than any educational stuff.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:33 pm

He isn't the teacher- he has others like Patrik Kittel do clinics.....

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:34 pm

Although Matt is featured he is more often the rider or host/ask questions. Not the teacher :)

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:44 pm

Lipsmackerpony88 wrote:To be fair I haven't watched a lot of his videos. And I do think his stallion looks like he is a tricky type to ride. I just don't like the video style I think it's more entertainment than any educational stuff.

right, I am asking if people have subscribed and what they think of the theory in the site.

Lipsmackerpony88

Postby Lipsmackerpony88 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:45 pm

Yeah I'm sorry I'm not subscribed and I doubt I would. But I will be interested in seeing what others that are subscribed and what your thoughts are as well!

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:51 pm

Lipsmackerpony88 wrote:Yeah I'm sorry I'm not subscribed and I doubt I would. But I will be interested in seeing what others that are subscribed and what your thoughts are as well!

I ditched it after a month, to be honest. I was not thrilled with the training of low/deep/round in 2 of the trainers.

Patrik Kittel was the highlight but this level of quality teaching was not maintained. It's likely geared for the younger riders- very pretty but not really worth the payment. It's very well shot as far as drone footage/beautiful farms.

Also, english isn't the first language of the trainers so perhaps some aspects are lost in translation. I liked the jumper rider overall but certain phrases were hard to udnerstand in english,

If you have a spare $20 there is worse ways to spend it....I am just budgeting and being more picky.

Lipsmackerpony88

Postby Lipsmackerpony88 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:54 pm

Okay that kind of sounds like I would expect it would be just basing it off of the YouTube videos. I also train budget and I don't think it would be worth the money for me it doesn't sound like.

khall

Postby khall » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:21 pm

I saw a lesson with Patrick Kittle and where Patrick rode his young stallion. I just can’t get past though that Patrick is of the blue tongue infamy

Personally I’m extremely picky and selective about who I give my money to for learning. I just bought Mark’s in hand flexion video streaming. Even though I don’t do many flexions in hand now it was just wonderful to listen and watch him again. Sigh

I’m a video classroom member of Karen Rohlf. Good stuff there.

I did the Anja Beran lateral work course. Nothing earth shattering. Tried the TRT it was a nope for the most part. He does disengaging

I love following the Valenca’s on FB. They often have free videos that they share. Good stuff. They also have an online course I’ve contemplated

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:23 pm

khall wrote:I saw a lesson with Patrick Kittle and where Patrick rode his young stallion. I just can’t get past though that Patrick is of the blue tongue infamy

Personally I’m extremely picky and selective about who I give my money to for learning. I just bought Mark’s in hand flexion video streaming. Even though I don’t do many flexions in hand now it was just wonderful to listen and watch him again. Sigh

I’m a video classroom member of Karen Rohlf. Good stuff there.

I did the Anja Beran lateral work course. Nothing earth shattering. Tried the TRT it was a nope for the most part. He does disengaging

I love following the Valenca’s on FB. They often have free videos that they share. Good stuff. They also have

yeah, I am glad I tried it out. There was a lot of liberty training which could probably be very helpful but I just don't personally do that at this point. It would be much more worth it.

LindaJ
Herd Member

Postby LindaJ » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:09 am

I haven’t joined Matt and Jesse’s new site, but have watched a lot of their regular YouTube videos. I view it as entertainment...not so much education. I enjoy it for what it is, although I’m not convinced I want to pay for it.

I received a subscription to WeHorse and enjoy that.

Return to “Dressage Training”