Adorable mustang competing at I-1

A forum for discussion of training in dressage
Lipsmackerpony88
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Adorable mustang competing at I-1

Postby Lipsmackerpony88 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:03 pm

I just had to share this adorable mustang, Reno, competing at I-1. Such inspiration for many.

Blob, you and MM one day!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 5&sfnsn=mo

Lipsmackerpony88

Re: Adorable mustang competing at I-1

Postby Lipsmackerpony88 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:15 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/CE7nI_gHm9E ... =copy_link

This isn't the test that I posted about above but it is a little clip from the horses first go as I1. I'm not saying it's perfect but I think it's a huge accomplish for any horse and any rider at that level.

khall

Postby khall » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:00 pm

Love it!! What a cute horse!

Some of the mustangs are very nice horses movement wise and temperament wise. When Mark was teaching here we had a participant bring her mustang challenge mare to work with Mark. She was a gorgeous bay roan with lovely movement and such a trier. Would have had her in my barn in a minute. Elisa Wallace has a lovely 3 year old she’s gentling right now.

Lipsmackerpony88

Postby Lipsmackerpony88 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:11 pm

khall wrote:Love it!! What a cute horse!

Some of the mustangs are very nice horses movement wise and temperament wise. When Mark was teaching here we had a participant bring her mustang challenge mare to work with Mark. She was a gorgeous bay roan with lovely movement and such a trier. Would have had her in my barn in a minute. Elisa Wallace has a lovely 3 year old she’s gentling right now.

Absolutely! I've actually ridden quite a few as they are kind of popular out here in Colorado especially for the Eventers. I also love to follow Elisa Wallace, she's so fun and educational to watch. Especially with the young horses. The trainer that had Lynx over the summer actually brings her out for a clinic every year. We had hoped to ride in it but the stifle injury made that not a possibility. :/

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:17 pm

Thanks for sharing! It's always nice to see horses of all breeds reaching the FEI levels. :)
Keep calm and canter on.

khall

Postby khall » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:24 pm

LSP yeah Elisa is a huge inspiration for both the mustangs and OTTB. I actually knew Elisa as a infant/toddler. Knew her parents well as we boarded together and showed together for years. It’s been fun to watch Elisa become such an incredible trainer working with all different kinds of horses. Not a surprise considering she’s been showing since before she knew her right from her left! Heartbreaking though she lost one of her top horses Riot Gear last week to freak pasture accident. I have considered working with her in the past and sending a young horse to her but because she focuses mostly on eventing I’ve never pursued it. Love to watch her on her many horses though

demi

Postby demi » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:40 pm

Yes, thanks for sharing that, LSP. Nice riding and a nice partnership.Very enjoyable to watch.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:48 pm

I too love seeing other breeds in the upper levels, am I being over critical to have the opinion that junior has better mediums at second level.? I would like to see a bit better at Intermediare

Lipsmackerpony88

Postby Lipsmackerpony88 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:33 pm

Chisamba wrote:I too love seeing other breeds in the upper levels, am I being over critical to have the opinion that junior has better mediums at second level.? I would like to see a bit better at Intermediare

Well Junior and Exvet are rockstars so probably! And I believe Exvet said that is a special strength of hers.

Either way, I still think it's cool to see. An ideal? Maybe not but I still enjoy seeing the off breeds out there.

blob

Postby blob » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:44 am

oh this is so nice to see! I would love to get MM there one day. and I too love seeing the unconventional breeds moving up the levels.

Canyon
500 post plus club

Postby Canyon » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:11 pm

So nice to hear of a mustang success story!

JB (Jail Bird) Andrew was another dressage mustang; he competed up through I-II. I saw him at the National Western Stock Show when I first started dabbling in dressage. He was an impressive horse!

Lipsmackerpony88

Postby Lipsmackerpony88 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:02 pm

Canyon, yes with Kelly Boyd! I never got to see him but I know of him, very cool.

demi

Postby demi » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:21 am

Loved the story of JailBird Andy! Thanks for posting it Canyon.

Return to “Dressage Training”