Non-silicone FS breeches

A forum for discussion of training in dressage
chantal
500 post plus club

Non-silicone FS breeches

Postby chantal » Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:48 pm

Not quite training, but dressage so I hope this is the right place for this post. Looking for non-silicone FS breeches, good quality, preferably mid-rise. Not Romfh, they don't fit me right sadly as they would be perfect. I feel like I've looked everywhere and at everything, what am I missing?

TIA

heddylamar
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Non-silicone FS breeches

Postby heddylamar » Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:12 pm

I've been going through this struggle too. I hadn't realized Tropical Rider was shutting down, and never ordered the additional colors of knee patch I wanted.

Anyway, I found this thread at Reddit, and this one, which led me to Free Ride Equestrian. They have both silicone and patches, and it's not terribly clear until you read the description. I think the "pro" line are mostly patches. I'm very happy with the material and fit of the knee patch tights I bought. I would definitely buy more.

Pomme are good quality, but I think it's all silicone now.

blob

Postby blob » Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:08 pm

FITS are expensive, but a reliable option here without silicone and usually pretty breathable/cool for summer months. I have a pair of their less expensive versions that don't have the split butt full seat (which looks super weird to me) and I like them quite a bit.

Smartpak pipers also have a version without silicone.

chantal
500 post plus club

Postby chantal » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:06 pm

Thanks for the ideas. Smartpak are an option, but they pill pretty easily. I started with those and they were my go to. I have a pair of FITS with a silicone seat and pockets in the back and I just do not like the fit. Wondering if another style/material would fit differently. I had an older pair of winter FITS a long time ago when they first came out with the split butt and loved them but they left weird chafe marks. My favorites fit-wise are my Schockemöhle winter breeches and my Goode Rider Jean breeches and Vogue jean breeches. I do have some Laura Garrelli by HKM alos seats that I like as well. It's really hard to find non-silicone options currently.

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:36 am

Ovation Celebrity Slim Secrets. They are the bomb.

blob

Postby blob » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:42 pm

These are the version of FITS I have:

https://www.smartpakequine.com/pt/fits- ... zip--12274

They do fit different than other types because they're basically a tight, VERY stretchy in all ways, but with a zip/button fly. They are so stretchy though that I don't actually need to undo the fly to take them on or off

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:29 pm

Both of my fits basically shredded in the first wash. The second was a replacement for the first that did it.

Then I saw a pair dissolve on a rider at a show. They looked like a spider web.

piedmontfields

Postby piedmontfields » Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:13 pm

I like the Ovation Slim Secrets. Very comfortable, with a moderate waist.

For pull on breeches without excessive stickiness, I'm a big fan of Kingsland and LeMieux. But they would be too sticky for people who hate silicon!

For the clarino fabric-type full seat, Pikeur and Romfh are good.

blob

Postby blob » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:05 pm

piedmontfields wrote:
For pull on breeches without excessive stickiness, I'm a big fan of Kingsland and LeMieux. But they would be too sticky for people who hate silicon!

For me, it's not that the silicone is too sticky, but rather that it lives marks on my saddle, so I'd prefer to avoid it. If the Kingsland and LeMieux use a different material, I don't mind thngs feeling sticky.

chantal
500 post plus club

Postby chantal » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:45 pm

"For me, it's not that the silicone is too sticky, but rather that it lives marks on my saddle, so I'd prefer to avoid it. If the Kingsland and LeMieux use a different material, I don't mind thngs feeling sticky."

I'm the same blov, I have no issue with sticky. But between 2 new saddles, jumping and dressage, I am having issues. I don't want to destroy my new dressage saddle and my jumping saddle squeaks horribly with silicone breeches.

LeoApp
Herd Member

Postby LeoApp » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:19 pm

They are expensive, but last a very long time if you care for them properly - I love Pikeurs and I get them from Amira Equi, which is a lot less money than SmartPak or Dover. Look at the McCrown fullseats.
https://www.amirashop.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss000099.cgi?FILTERPAGE=Pikeur-Brand-General.html&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2v-gBhC1ARIsAOQdKY2KYz-xqvIN_y3n2rAg7fxvtLw_4YOuoi2R5AhydFRWUnBGmnVdPNgaAu_GEALw_wcB#usestorage

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:14 pm

I just bought a few pairs of EuroStar silicone seats. They are not very sticky, and I haven't noticed any pattern left on my saddle (also no squeaking). I was riding in Piper Knits almost exclusively for several years and sometimes would see the silicone pattern on the saddle after a ride, but it would go away and five years on, my Black Country Vinici has not shown any excessive seat wear. Oddly, I can sit T's trot better in the less sticky EuroStars than I could in the very sticky Pipers. Ride-Away has had some really good deals.

The one pair of breeches that sadly seems to be causing seat wear are my denim Horze silicone full seats. It's not the silicone, but the seam that rubs, so I've got to relegate them to when I'm in my jumping saddle and not sitting the trot.
Keep calm and canter on.

Return to “Dressage Training”