Sports Bras...

A forum for discussion of training in dressage
Moutaineer
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Sports Bras...

Postby Moutaineer » Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:34 pm

Back on the never-ending search for the perfect riding bra and open to suggestions--there seem to be a zillion out there now!

I have a boring breathing problem which means I spend a lot of my life feeling like I'm struggling for air (it would appear to be a mechanical thing to do with how my vocal cords open and close at random times. I'm just a roarer, really.)

A tight band across my diaphragm exacerbates this feeling.

But many sports bras seem to rely on a tighter, rigid band for support. I'm in the Under Armour Infinity High at the moment, which is just tolerable, but not fabulous from this perspective, but does a fine job of everything a high impact sports bra is designed to do for normal people.

I've seen a couple on facebook (it's quite convenient in a creepy sort of way how you do a search for something and are immediately inundated with options you would not have otherwise found...) that have a very wide band that I think might distribute the pressure better around the longer torso--more like a tight vest than a band. I've also wondered about the dreaded underwire. But I just don't know.

Anyone found the perfect solution that they love that I can go investigate?

khall

Re: Sports Bras...

Postby khall » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:34 pm

Have you thought about a supportive cami? I’ve got shapermint. Similar fabric to spanx but in a cami form. I’ve worn one all weekend riding at Cedar clinic. Very comfortable. But I’m not overly endowed.

heddylamar

Postby heddylamar » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:08 pm

I don't know how they compare to the UA Infinity High, but have you tried Handful? They have a big wide soft band, and don't compress the way most sports bras do. They're super comfortable for riding, and I can actually wear them all day. I'm a 30 C/D so I've got a mix of x-small to small in the gametime and all tied up (the second may be discontinued now). Their sales bras are normally $20 off.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:37 am

Have you tried shefit. They are infinitely ( almost) adjustable so you can choose to tighten the shoulders and nack.more than the torso. My friend's love them. I do not. I l like the Victoria secret sports bra. Surprisingly, but they are quite tight around the torso

Ponichiwa
500 post plus club

Postby Ponichiwa » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:12 am

My favorite right now is a Brooks running bra. It has the clasps at the back like a regular bra, but sports bra racerback as well. Gives you the option to be as loose as you need in the band but still have great bust support.

goldhorse
Herd Member

Postby goldhorse » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:29 am

I am well endowed. My current go to sports bra is this one https://knix.com/collections/activewear ... ra-circuit
I like that the straps are easily adjustable, no underwire, and the cups are lined with some kind of foam material so it keeps the girls in place without having to tighten everything up.
I don't pay full price. I wait for them to go on sale and buy weird colors.

Aleuronx
Herd Member

Postby Aleuronx » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:46 pm

Seconding the Knix catalyst recommendation. I'm not well endowed but man it helps decrease the bounce effect.

I have both the one shared and the front zip and like both. The front zip is nice for easy on/off. I switched all my sports bras to these and they have worn and washed well. The company also has a generous policy for return/exchange for fit etc.

Flight

Postby Flight » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:11 pm

I currently pretty much live in a lorna jayne 'the one' sports bra. Zips up the front. Not great for riding if you have big boobs but smaller ones it's ok. I do long shift work and sometimes get to sleep so need something comfy. It does have the racerback clip so when I'm up and about I do it up, if I'm trying to get some zzz at work I can unclip it.
I do have a shefit but got a bit fat for it. I've dropped a bit of weight so should try it again. I like that you can tighten them up easily (velcro) for extra hold for sitting trot! Then loosen them out for everyday stuff.

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:57 pm

The girls and I thank you all! Lots of options to look at. Breathing is much under rated by those who do not have to think about it!

Kyras_Mom
Herd Member

Postby Kyras_Mom » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:49 pm

Return to “Dressage Training”