Online dressage training instruction

A forum for discussion of training in dressage
Fzybtfrm
Greenie

Online dressage training instruction

Postby Fzybtfrm » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:49 pm

Ok, you know the one. Where you pay a fee and can watch training videos with top instructors and clinicians teach and train. I usually only subscribe over the winter, because spring through fall I am too busy actually RIDING. And trying to keep up with work, household, husband, etc, etc. So I have been working a lot lately and missed my "cancellation date", i.e. the date by which you must cancel or it automatically renews? By one day, so I e-mailed the administrator and told him I did not have time to watch watch this time of year and could I please get my money back? So he says, "there is nothing he can do". And I said " That's too bad, since I got a lot out of watching them, but would not subscribe again." So, not only did he cancel my subscription for the next three months, that I had already paid for, he won't refund my money for it! What do you all think of this? Never again will I sign up for something I have to cancel to keep them from dunning my checking account. Dang, live and learn I guess.

Brydie
Herd Member

Re: Online dressage training instruction

Postby Brydie » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:48 pm

Is that even legal? You paid for a service and now it's no longer being provided.

ElaPe
Novice

Postby ElaPe » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:32 pm

You can reverse the payment through your credit card company.

What was the name of this online dressage training?

Fzybtfrm
Greenie

Postby Fzybtfrm » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:47 pm

Well, there are only two out there I know of, this one is based in Canada, DressageClinic.com. I paid with my debit card, but Its worth a try to get them to deny it. Thanks for the input.

ElaPe
Novice

Postby ElaPe » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:17 pm

Hopefully you'll manage reversing the payment. Afterall they charged your card without delivering the service.

Ryeissa
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Ryeissa » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:46 pm

There is a month to month subscription.

They make it really clear that it's a full payment for that term, and you will get charged. You forgot to cancel and now you are mad at THEM?

Generally you do get to keep the subscription for the full period you paid for, so that is weird. I am in the US and this has been my personal experience.

Fzybtfrm
Greenie

Postby Fzybtfrm » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:33 pm

Ryeissa, yes I did forget to cancel, but I have subscribed from about nov to march every year for the last few years, and I would have continued to do so, but he traded that three month subscription for years of subscriptions, plus all the good PR I spread about the web site. I admit to being derelict in that point, but he lost a forever customer. How does that make sense? I don't understand how businesses work these day, seems they are all out for the short-term gain instead of building a loyal customer base. I have contacted my bank to at least get them to allow me to access the web site for the next three month period, I don't expect to get my money back.

calvin
Herd Member

Postby calvin » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:16 pm

I had a problem one time, and it was resolved to my complete satisfaction with one telephone call. It was my misunderstanding, incidentally. And using the service to "supplement" and "motivate" during horrid winter days made it a worthwhile expenditure.

Ryeissa
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Ryeissa » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:30 pm

Fzybtfrm wrote:Ryeissa, yes I did forget to cancel, but I have subscribed from about nov to march every year for the last few years, and I would have continued to do so, but he traded that three month subscription for years of subscriptions, plus all the good PR I spread about the web site. I admit to being derelict in that point, but he lost a forever customer. How does that make sense? I don't understand how businesses work these day, seems they are all out for the short-term gain instead of building a loyal customer base. I have contacted my bank to at least get them to allow me to access the web site for the next three month period, I don't expect to get my money back.

I think its a shame they didn't let you access it for the full 3 months.
I have had good experiences with online sites, I like Horse Hero. cheaper, good service. I cancel and sign up again all the time.

Return to “Dressage Training”