Private Messages not being sent

Any technical support questions can go in this forum.
myleetlepony
Herd Member

Private Messages not being sent

Postby myleetlepony » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:06 am

PMs that I am trying to send keep getting stuck in the "outbox". Occasionally they will go through and end up in the "sent" folder, but usually they will sit for a few days when I have to delete and try to resend.

DJR
500 post plus club

Re: Private Messages not being sent

Postby DJR » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:12 am

myleetlepony wrote:PMs that I am trying to send keep getting stuck in the "outbox". Occasionally they will go through and end up in the "sent" folder, but usually they will sit for a few days when I have to delete and try to resend.

I think this has more to do with whether the recipient notices that they have a PM and looks at it. PMs will stay in the "outbox" until the recipient reads it. So if it's still in the outbox, the recipient either has not been online to read their PMs, or simply has not noticed that they have a PM waiting.

At least, that's how it worked when I managed a phpBB.
formerly known as "Deanna" on UDBB -- and prior to that, as "DJD".

myleetlepony
Herd Member

Postby myleetlepony » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:17 am

Thanks! That makes sense, then!

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:17 pm

DJR wrote:
myleetlepony wrote:PMs that I am trying to send keep getting stuck in the "outbox". Occasionally they will go through and end up in the "sent" folder, but usually they will sit for a few days when I have to delete and try to resend.

I think this has more to do with whether the recipient notices that they have a PM and looks at it. PMs will stay in the "outbox" until the recipient reads it. So if it's still in the outbox, the recipient either has not been online to read their PMs, or simply has not noticed that they have a PM waiting.

At least, that's how it worked when I managed a phpBB.

That is correct. Thanks for the help DJR

Return to “Technical Support”