email function not working

Any technical support questions can go in this forum.
musical comedy
Bringing Life to the DDBB

email function not working

Postby musical comedy » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:05 pm

A few weeks ago, I sent an email to a member via DD. I didn't get a reply, and just assumed the person was not interested in discussing
the topic. Just last Saturday, I sent an email to someone else, and when I didn't get a response, I PM'd them here. Turns out, they didn't
get the email. In both instances, I received a copy of the email that I sent. I chose email rather than PM because some members are not
visiting DD regularly.

Tsavo

Re: email function not working

Postby Tsavo » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:49 pm

Also, the post notification doesn't seem to work any more.

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:36 pm

Interestingly, I am working on the BB right now and I will take a look at this.

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:04 pm

Okay, I just tried emailing and it works. My guess is that the emails went to their spam folder because it comes from a no-reply address. There isn't a whole lot I can do about that. It really depends on the email system.

musical comedy

Postby musical comedy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:55 pm

Chancellor wrote:Okay, I just tried emailing and it works. My guess is that the emails went to their spam folder because it comes from a no-reply address. There isn't a whole lot I can do about that. It really depends on the email system.

Did you sent the email to another person, or yourself? I asked the receipient of my email to check her spam folder, and the email isn't there. I am going to send you a test email to see if you get it. Let me know. I'm sending it now.

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:19 pm

musical comedy wrote:
Chancellor wrote:Okay, I just tried emailing and it works. My guess is that the emails went to their spam folder because it comes from a no-reply address. There isn't a whole lot I can do about that. It really depends on the email system.

Did you sent the email to another person, or yourself? I asked the receipient of my email to check her spam folder, and the email isn't there. I am going to send you a test email to see if you get it. Let me know. I'm sending it now.

I sent the email to another person. I sent it to my husband KounterKantor and I also received your email and replied to it.

Return to “Technical Support”