Post photos

Any technical support questions can go in this forum.
Red's Mom
Novice
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:42 pm

Post photos

Postby Red's Mom » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:05 am

How do I post photos? Why is it so difficult? I have a MacBook, and i would like to be able to attach photos. I keep getting an error that says the file is too large. I opened a Photo Bucket account, and the photos don't show up.

User avatar
Flight
Bringing Life to the DDBB
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:39 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Post photos

Postby Flight » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:01 am

The attachments can only be about 150kb so you'll have to resize them.

You can do it fairly easily on a MacBook if you don't have another photo editing program. I can show you how if you need?
Photobucket is being a bit annoying, although I could see your photos.

Chancellor
Site Admin
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:26 am

Re: Post photos

Postby Chancellor » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:09 pm

I just found out that Photobucket no longer hosts third party photos too. Unfortunately we are stuck with the size limit of the images.
Remember that space on this drive costs me and not the users. So, I have a size limit of the photographs.
PLUS, large images skew the readability of the site and take longer to load. So, you will have to resize the images.
Since I don't do Mac ANYTHING, perhaps taking Flight up on her offer to help is the best way to go.

Chancellor
Site Admin
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:26 am

Re: Post photos

Postby Chancellor » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:10 pm

Flight wrote:The attachments can only be about 150kb so you'll have to resize them.

You can do it fairly easily on a MacBook if you don't have another photo editing program. I can show you how if you need?
Photobucket is being a bit annoying, although I could see your photos.


You can only see the photos for a short time until Photobucket realizes that their URL is on another website. Then you get that ugly "third party" warning.

User avatar
Sunshine2Me
Herd Member
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:59 am
Location: Central Illinois

Re: Post photos

Postby Sunshine2Me » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:30 pm

Chancellor wrote:
Flight wrote:The attachments can only be about 150kb so you'll have to resize them.

You can do it fairly easily on a MacBook if you don't have another photo editing program. I can show you how if you need?
Photobucket is being a bit annoying, although I could see your photos.


You can only see the photos for a short time until Photobucket realizes that their URL is on another website. Then you get that ugly "third party" warning.


I used photobucket for years, and NOW they decide no more "third party." I've switched to imgBB, and it's pretty simple to use!

Chancellor
Site Admin
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:26 am

Re: Post photos

Postby Chancellor » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:01 pm

Good to know Sunshine2Me.

Josette
Bringing Life to the DDBB
Posts: 1025
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:53 pm
Location: NJ

Re: Post photos

Postby Josette » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:44 pm

Dummy question - can I post photos from my cell phone?

Chancellor
Site Admin
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:26 am

Re: Post photos

Postby Chancellor » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:56 pm

Josette wrote:Dummy question - can I post photos from my cell phone?


If you know where they are stored on your phone.

User avatar
Flight
Bringing Life to the DDBB
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:39 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Post photos

Postby Flight » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:30 am

Hi Red's Mum, here is a bit of a guide to show how to resize on a Macbook. Hope it makes sense!

Firstly, open your pic up in 'preview' (this is what it should default to when you open up your pic anyway)
Open the editing tool
Crop as much as you can (select an area with the rectangular tool) and click crop
Resize your pic so it's less than 120kb and save
Open the thread on DD, 'full editor and preview" and click on attachments. (I think you know how to do it from here?)

screenshot1.jpg
screenshot1.jpg (101.26 KiB) Viewed 346 times




screen2.jpg
screen2.jpg (87.92 KiB) Viewed 346 times


screen3.jpg
screen3.jpg (100.06 KiB) Viewed 346 times


Return to “Technical Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest