• 2 pounds ground beef
• 2/3 cup uncooked white rice
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 celery stalks finely chopped
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• ½ teaspoon of oregano
• Sprinkle of parsley
• 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
• 1 can of diced tomatoes
• 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1. Mix the ground beef, rice, onion, salt, celery, garlic powder, oregano, parsley and black pepper in a bowl. Roll the mixture into meatballs.
2. Pour tomato mixture over all the meat balls.
3. Place in preheated 350° oven, covered for about an hour, uncover and give it 15-20 minutes more.
This is the first time I tried this recipe. You may have to add some water to the mixture while it is in the oven, I found it was a little dry. Also, use short grain rice. I made the mistake of using basmati and it really dried it out. I will also up the amount of tomato sauce - I had a jar of tomato and basil and I could have used another half jar.
Enter your recipes here. They will automatically be duplicated into the Observation Lounge for discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest