SandTikiFire
Greenie

Frustrated LOL

Postby SandTikiFire » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:46 pm

OK, so I am TRYING to get sorted to move from Fla to Va in April and

I can't find as hauler that makes that route or will get back to me

Tiki has a tendon tear and is losing his mind on stall rest

JUST WANT TO SCREAM

I've just been lurking as usual but needed to vent.

THANKS ALL!

KathyK
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Frustrated LOL

Postby KathyK » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:50 pm

We're here for you -- vent away! Plus, you never know, someone might know a hauler.

Suzon
Herd Member

Postby Suzon » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:13 pm

Have you tried Judge Manning, Morrissey, Brook Ledge, Sallee?

SandTikiFire
Greenie

Postby SandTikiFire » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:07 pm

Have NOT tried those four! I will add them to my list. I feel like all I do is fill out quote forms and then get told OH we don;t do that route! Apparently because Charles City, Va is a bit off the main road as is Groveland, Florida, I am not on the path. I got one offer me a great rate if I send him the end of February, BUT he is just coming off stall rest at that point and I wanted a month of turn out and ride walking before he got on a rig - that and while I love the barn I am sending him to, I want oversight of some sort and really don;t want my poor dad to have 6 weeks of barn duty!

I will continue to look AND stress until the task is complete! I am off to a film shoot today and again for much of next week, so that will keep my mind off it for a few days while I try to be patient for replies! I HATE moving but I also hate Orlando, SOOOOOO

Thanks all!

Tarlo Farm
500 post plus club

Postby Tarlo Farm » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:18 pm

From Fl to VA in April??? I'd thing the flow north would just be beginning. Good luck, and vent away. Stall rest is awful. Liken it to bed-rest. Aghhhhh!

Kyra's Mom
500 post plus club

Postby Kyra's Mom » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:28 pm

I sympathize. Southern Idaho is off all the national haulers' regular routes so they just don't come there. We usually have to find a smaller regional hauler...which won't help you from Florida to Virginia. Jingles that you find the right one. I did luck out and got Nationwide to bring my mare from Colorado. I feel pretty lucky as Idaho is waaayyy off the California route they were on. Some people have had bad experience with Nationwide but I had no problems for that trip.

Susan

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:41 pm

On the off chance, I have used Pure Pleasure Horse Transport for my last two big cross country shipping experiences. Thy are based in FLA, so might be worth a call. I was very pleased with their service, and the price was right. (I was shipping from Michigan to UT in both cases, so somewhat off the beaten track.)

Paints
Herd Member

Postby Paints » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:31 pm

My horse is on month 7 of stall rest due to a suspensory ligament injury. I feel your and Tiki's pain. Vet due in early March - I sneaked a short bit of trot and think we will be getting good news finally!!!! Hope all goes well with your challenges.

SandTikiFire
Greenie

Postby SandTikiFire » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:36 pm

I found Oxford Equine! Tiki is still on modified stall rest - he was not handling stall rest well. We just started him on Resperine so he should be chilling out and not reinjuring himself!!! Thanks all!

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:07 am

I've had good luck with Resperine, v if luck with Tiki

SandTikiFire
Greenie

Postby SandTikiFire » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:51 pm

Good to know, Chisamba! I should know something in a few days. My biggest concern is when I take him OFF of it - I have heard they can be very spooky coming off it. He has never BEEN spooky. He has always been an up horse, but never psychotic. UNITIl he was out of work. Even on 100% turn out he is BORED and is acting the fool!

hoopoe
Herd Member

Postby hoopoe » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:06 pm

be mindful of the side effect of diarrhea with some horses on Reserpine.

I think every hauler has bad marks against them. Remember they are dealing with horse-people who are some of the pickiest folks on the planet

Here we have one facility that acts like a satellite collection point for a hauler. Perhaps a facility "on the route" can have you ship your horse in to be collected. a day stall fee is a price to pay for easier service and more options of haulers. Same for the reverse, meet the van coming home and haul the rest of the way yourself or with a local service.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”