Help re: cell phone purchase

Saddlebum
Herd Member

Help re: cell phone purchase

Postby Saddlebum » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:04 pm

I'm a real tech dum dum. I have one friend who has a smart phone and she knows little about it. I need to purchase one for my new job.

Requirements: WiFi, wireless, bluetooth, prepaid, I was given a $45 Verizon prepaid card to use so maybe a Verizon smart phone.

The bigger the screen the better as I have a hard time seeing the screen and need one I can view GPS maps on easily.

Would like it to be less than $100.

Is there one out there that meets these requirements? fingers crossed!

WheresMyWhite
500 post plus club

Re: Help re: cell phone purchase

Postby WheresMyWhite » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:06 am

Figure out which carrier will work for you... maybe visit Verizon/Sprint/ATT stores - get rates and *look* at the phones and consider if you want iOS (iPhone) or one of the Google phones or Windows phones - their user interface will be different and only you know which one you feel you can use :)

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby PaulaO » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:32 pm

Often you can get deals of phones through the carrier you choose. I got an iPhone for $99 through Sprint, but it's not a pay as you go. This sounds crazy, but look into phones as hsn.com. They offer smartphones with prepaid plans for very reasonable prices.

Saddlebum
Herd Member

Postby Saddlebum » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:03 pm

Thanks, went to hsn.com and found this phone. ?, can I get gps and wifi on it? I don't know how to find this out on any of these phones. I have a very simplie TracFone, my first cell phone that I'm finally comfortable with but it's not a smart phone, just a simple flip open phone.

http://www.hsn.com/products/lg-sunset-4 ... il-reviews

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby PaulaO » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:38 pm

http://www.hsn.com/products/lg-sunset-4 ... il-reviews Yep, WiFi, Bluetooth, and other goodies. Also looks like a voucher for a GPS app is included. Seems like a good deal. check to make sure your zip code is covered. And don't hesitate to call their customer service. They are very good.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”