How to save and post a picture from Gmail

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

How to save and post a picture from Gmail

Postby PaulaO » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:20 pm

I have 3 Tucker pictures to share. The pics came via Gmail and I can open them with Windows but I cannot save! I tried to post from my iPad but get the message that the pics are too big. How the heck do I save a picture to my PC so I can upload?

P.S. I HATE this new version of windows. I'm tempted to buy an Apple laptop just cuz I hate Windows.

Woost2
Herd Member

Re: How to save and post a picture from Gmail

Postby Woost2 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:37 pm

I don't know about the new version of Windows, but to save a photo you have to download it first.

Maple
Greenie

Postby Maple » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:55 am

OK, re: gmail:

1.) attached photos are always down at the bottom of gmails. You can either hover over each individual photo then click on the down arrow icon, which downloads it, OR you can go to the icons on the far right side of the photo section and similarly click on the down arrow, which will now 'download all attachments' so you'll get them all at once.

2.) your next challenge is to figure out where your downloads end up. If you haven't changed any settings, they usually all end up in the downloads folder (click on your Start button, then 'Documents', then you will see the downloads folder - they should be in there.

3.) from there, you can re-name, move them somewhere more convenient, and attach them here so we can see them!

Tsuy
Greenie

Postby Tsuy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:25 am

I have recently discovered the ' Snip' tool on my laptop
Anything on the screen can be snipped and saved
Stills from videos, snippets from the paper, photos anything !!
- search for the snip tool and try it

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:12 pm

Thanks maple. My issue is "where does it go after it downloads" and you solved it.

Unfortunately I get the message "file too big" no matter what picture I try to attach. *sigh*

Canyon
500 post plus club

Postby Canyon » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:25 pm

Do you have MS Photo Gallery? Try Edit Photos in Photo Gallery; at the bottom of the page there are instructions for resizing.

Or, Google "resize photos in windows 10"

Have you read this thread about uploading pictures?

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:35 pm

I think I've figured out how to download, save, and resize on my work computer which runs Windows 7 (thank God). Now I have to figure this out on my home laptop which may take the entire winter. I have to see what version of Windows I have at home, and if I have the photo gallery software. I swear photo management is a part time job.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”