Has anyone used Rover.com for pet sitting service?

Josette
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Has anyone used Rover.com for pet sitting service?

Postby Josette » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:59 pm

I've always boarded our dogs at the local vet hospital. However, I'm been considering a pet sitter/home sitter service through rover.com. I've found a local young lady who has several great reviews. I'm thinking of using her for over night pet/home sitter to avoid multiple visit trips. Of course, that option is open to provided she could get out 3 times daily. So wondering if anyone had used a service like this - GOOGLE search. Did you have a positive experience? Any problems? Would you use again?

Chancellor
Site Admin

Re: Has anyone used Rover.com for pet sitting service?

Postby Chancellor » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:14 pm

Josette, What I have started doing is going to the local veterinary school and posting there to find a pet sitter. It has worked so far for us!

Quelah
Herd Member

Postby Quelah » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:13 am

Maybe see if she could stay over? I'd want a person in the house overnight just in case.

Josette
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Josette » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:44 am

Yes - I agree and plan to use the Vet hospital for our extended trip. I just stumbled across this site and saw a few "likable" candidates with good reviews. However, DH mentioned these individuals may not be bonded/insured. I might use one in the future for a day trip. I would need to know someone for a while before I would entrust to stay overnight with pets.

I also plan to do a trial overnight stay with this vet hospital to introduce dogs to it and personnel. My current vet hospital we previously used for our trips no longer boards pets (change in management to do PT only at that site - huge they have 2 sites). So this other vet hospital and boarding facility is new for our dogs and comes highly recommended with wonderful reviews. I had a tour and it does indeed look like a 5 star hotel and we will certainly pay $$$$ for it - but worth the peace of mind....

Duffy the older guy is very adaptable and aside from his health issues is fine with new people/place. Our other Chi-mix is very attached to us (sleeps in bed) and being a rescue seems to think we are leaving him. I figure an overnight visit and us returning to pickup the next day will get him to know the techs there. And he sees we came back to get him. We are so wrapped up in the welfare of these animals that I think we get more stressed than to enjoy a much needed vacation. Maybe crazy pet owners...... :roll:

Chancellor
Site Admin

Postby Chancellor » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:42 pm

Josette wrote: Maybe crazy pet owners...... :roll:

Frankly, I call that a GOOD pet owner.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”