Mac help anyone?

Racetrackreject
500 post plus club

Mac help anyone?

Postby Racetrackreject » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:22 pm

My Mac has started stacking files on top of each other. I'm not sure why it started doing this or how to fix it.

Basically, I have a program that I have to drag files into to upload them. I had uploaded 1/2 of the files I needed while I worked on other files (jpg). When I went to upload the 2nd batch of files this morning, I couldn't find them. I went all through Finder, then realized that the file names looked like they had been overwritten. I discovered the 2nd group of files piled under the 1st group of files, hundreds of files... I can manually pull the files apart, but that is going to take me a long time to do. Is there a way that I can fix this?

Beorn
Herd Member

Re: Mac help anyone?

Postby Beorn » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:42 pm

Have you tried switching views, to list, and then back to individual file icons?

WheresMyWhite
500 post plus club

Postby WheresMyWhite » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:53 pm

What are you using to write the files in the first place? (i.e., before you want to then upload them?)

I can't quite visualize what's happening, or rather, what you're seeing... :(

Racetrackreject
500 post plus club

Postby Racetrackreject » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:54 pm

Sorry, it took me a while to get back, had to go home sick. :(

I did try switching views and switching back. That did not work, nor did using the arrange action.

I'm exporting from Lightroom, to my computer, then trying to drag to the PASS uploader. Basically, I see one photo thumbnail, but there are actually several photos stacked in that one spot. There is one file name in black and is dark, and the other file names are light grey and harder to see, but still under there. I can grab the top image and move it, and do the rest for the others, but I have 300 stacks!!!! lol

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”