Rolex tickets go on sale Monday

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Rolex tickets go on sale Monday

Postby PaulaO » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:02 pm

I don't know why I am totally geeked by this but I am. I've been going since 1991. It's totally changed but still a great weekend. I made my hotel reservations in June and will order tickets Monday. Last year I met up with Jenn and her tribe and hope to hang with them again.

Chancellor
Site Admin

Re: Rolex tickets go on sale Monday

Postby Chancellor » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:05 pm

Rolex is sooooo much fun. I've gone several times and loved it each and every time.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:42 pm

Ordered my tickets. I'll skip showjumping unless it's really a nail biter, then I'll just do general admission they day of and watch on the jumbotrons. What kills me is the $9 convenience charge and the $10 processing charge. WTF is a convenience charge????

KathyK

Postby KathyK » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:04 pm

They don't want to make the tickets $19 more because that would stop a lot of people from buying them. So they suck you in with the lower price and by the time they hit you with the "fees," you're already in the ordering process and figure what the heck.

PaulaO

Postby PaulaO » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:50 pm

Plus the only way to get tickets is to pay the $19. I remember when tickets for the entire weekend cost $40 (that included general admission and seating in the bleachers) and parking was $1 a day. Of course, that was the long format and stadium was held on grass. I'm a geezer.

TeresaB
Greenie

Postby TeresaB » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:21 pm

Rolex was the best horse event I've attended. Loved it! And I'm not into jumping or eventing. We watched Dressage in the rain, x-country in the mud and jumping in the hot sun.
We stayed in Georgetown at a neat B&B. The owner was really quirky and boy did we roll our eyes and think what the hell when we checked in. But we grew to really like him and had a great time visiting with him. We still laugh and talk about him.

One thing I wish I didn't see was a rider on the x-country course galloping around the final corner and jumping, kicking and urging her horse on even though he was obviously very lame. That was so awful to see. The horse was put down.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”