PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby PaulaO » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:04 pm

I've posted before how the former barn manager dropped me like a hot potato after Bob was PTS. Two years and I haven't heard a peep out of her despite our being friends for 15 years. That's all behind me now.

I heard last night that a boarder put her horse down. This horse was a favorite of the BM's--she used to shareboard him before he had to retire. She took care of him as if he were her own. The karma part is the owner did not tell the BM she was putting her horse down. She had another boarder tell the BM (which I'm gobsmacked about). Horse owner did not call BM before or after. BM is hurting and crying and upset at the lack of communication.

I'm not delighting in the circumstances, but my gut is "now BM knows what it feels like to be ignored in a situation where support matters, just like she did to me." I know she won't connect the 2 incidents, but I take a certain amount of satisfaction that I have witnessed what goes around comes around.

KathyK
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Karma

Postby KathyK » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:38 am

I understand exactly what you mean.

carpevita
Herd Member

Re: Karma

Postby carpevita » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:27 pm

I had something similar happen with someone whom I thought was a close friend.
Karma is indeed a bitch--and the wheels of karma grind slowly but infinitely fine.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”