The Gorilla Story

bits
Herd Member

Re: The Gorilla Story

Postby bits » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:16 pm

TeresaA wrote:

What makes me very sad is that I understand that both parents were at the zoo with their children but everyone is piling on the mother.

1) In her 911 call she says she has to call the boys father

2) Just yesterday it was known that her husband jumped over the fence to grab the kid but was too late. This was the first time any mention of there being an adult male with the family at the zoo.

kande50
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby kande50 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:21 pm

TeresaA wrote:What makes me very sad is that I understand that both parents were at the zoo with their children but everyone is piling on the mother.

I noticed that too, and wondered if she was the only one there.

As a mother who lost her child in a crowd at the circus I'm not blaming anyone. My kid disappeared and there I was in a big crowd and didn't know whether to go find a cop to see if I could get the exits closed, or stay where I was in case he came back. I should have started screaming for help, but didn't. I stayed and started looking for him within sight of where he disappeared, and found him fairly soon where he had stepped behind a post 2 feet away from me.

It was the longest, scariest 3 minutes of my life.

orono
Herd Member

Postby orono » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:32 pm

I had read an article written by another mom who was visiting at the time, she wrote that her (own) husband climbed the fence to try and get to the child. Maybe that's who is being referred to?

bits
Herd Member

Postby bits » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:06 pm

orono wrote:I had read an article written by another mom who was visiting at the time, she wrote that her (own) husband climbed the fence to try and get to the child. Maybe that's who is being referred to?

At first I got the impression she was there with the kids alone so it would make sense that it was someone else unrelated that tried to stop him.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”