Blankets on Sale? Any Suggestions?

fergusnc
500 post plus club

Blankets on Sale? Any Suggestions?

Postby fergusnc » Tue May 03, 2016 11:59 am

Hey All-
So I thought if you bought at this time of year you'd get to enjoy off-season prices, but so far I haven't run into that (Smartpak, Dover, etc). Anyone have any suggestions? Is that only at store front tack shops? I've been waiting to get a wardrobe for Dallas The Rescue Pony...

StraightForward
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: Blankets on Sale? Any Suggestions?

Postby StraightForward » Tue May 03, 2016 12:56 pm

http://www.hitchingposttack.com/turnout-blankets/

http://www.cheshirehorse.com/ (their website is running slow so I can't look now, but I've gotten Weatherbeetas there for a good price)

http://www.sstack.com/horse-blankets-an ... ed-v-free/ - I switched to the Schneider's blankets for my rotund Appy mare, but I'm liking them for my big-shouldered warmblood filly as well.
Keep calm and canter on.

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Tue May 03, 2016 3:05 pm

ss blankets have very good durability.

Racetrackreject
500 post plus club

Postby Racetrackreject » Tue May 03, 2016 3:06 pm

If he could wear a 78, I have a brand new, still with tags, Weatherbetta turnout sheet that I could let go cheaply. It retails for $115.

Ryeissa

Postby Ryeissa » Tue May 03, 2016 3:08 pm

Did you try FB blanket for sale groups? and tack groups?

I second (third?) SS tack, they have good products.

viscountessleftfield
Herd Member

Postby viscountessleftfield » Tue May 03, 2016 3:34 pm

I love Schneiders! If they have something in stock you want and you don't want to pay shipping on it, I'll gladly deliver. I'm traveling from NC to Ohio next week.

fergusnc
500 post plus club

Postby fergusnc » Tue May 03, 2016 3:52 pm

Thanks guys I will check it all out. I guess I was expecting see banners of whatever percentage off on the sites...guess I made that up and/or am remembering local tack shops dropping prices once spring hit to make room in the shop?
Dallas will need smaller than your blanket RTJ but thx for checking.

viscountessleftfield
Herd Member

Postby viscountessleftfield » Tue May 03, 2016 3:59 pm

fergusnc wrote:Thanks guys I will check it all out. I guess I was expecting see banners of whatever percentage off on the sites...guess I made that up and/or am remembering local tack shops dropping prices once spring hit to make room in the shop?
Dallas will need smaller than your blanket RTJ but thx for checking.

SS Tack and Big Dee's do drop their prices in their brick and mortar stores, I'm local to both of them (well localish, an hour away). I assume Dover does that now that they have storefronts as well. You might check Dover in Charlotte.

Kelo
Herd Member

Postby Kelo » Tue May 03, 2016 5:31 pm

Check Chick's Saddlery, too, www.chicksaddlery.com

I'm a fan of Weatherbeeta, and they have good prices on WB and their generic version.

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Wed May 04, 2016 1:50 pm

I have found some nice, new Rambo's on Ebay and also Bit of Britain recently had a sale, not sure if it's still running.
I'm loyal to Rambo, but I do need just a couple of thin stable sheets. I tried a friends cotton ones and I don't like how they "stick" to the horse, I also think from the size on the blanket to how it fits, they shrink!
I'm heading to Ohio in the next couple of weeks, so I may hit Schneider's and Big Dee's. I just need something inexpensive when the temps fluctuate.

viscountessleftfield
Herd Member

Postby viscountessleftfield » Wed May 04, 2016 3:48 pm

Hayburner wrote:I'm heading to Ohio in the next couple of weeks, so I may hit Schneider's and Big Dee's. I just need something inexpensive when the temps fluctuate.

Did you know Big Dee's moved a couple of miles into the old Walmart? Their store is huge!

Hayburner

Postby Hayburner » Thu May 05, 2016 3:24 pm

Viscountessleftfield: No - I've not been to the Big Dee's yet. Now, you have me excited to get there....I only hope I have time while I'm there (visiting family). They usually aren't too happy when I want to do anything "horsey"....LOL
Sadly, I missed the Columbus Equine Affaire this year, that's normally where I stock up for the year.

I see it's only 30 minutes from my nephews, but like Schneider's they are not open on Sundays ! I'm hoping that my sister will take me over on Saturday, which from her house it's only 45 min.

I think the big problem will be them giving me enough time to really SHOP while I'm there. It's always, hurry up, lets go! LOL
I hate going to new stores - my head just spins and it takes me forever to figure out where everything is! If it's HUGE, I'm in trouble! LOL

With two horses, I need a ton of stuff..yeah, right.....

viscountessleftfield
Herd Member

Postby viscountessleftfield » Thu May 05, 2016 3:31 pm

It's super nice and huge. I'm more of a Schneider's fan than Big Dee's, but Big Dee's is closer to me.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”