I have a such a wonderful lovelerly awsome DH...

horsepepsi
Greenie

I have a such a wonderful lovelerly awsome DH...

Postby horsepepsi » Mon May 23, 2016 11:28 am

He came home from work a bit early yesterday which is a bit odd to begin with... And he wasn't in a grouchy mood which was oddly odd...
He didn't even complain about a certain driver who he works with on Sundays who is a twit... which is more than odd its just down right weird. Should I lock my door and grab the nearest thing I can used as a weapon? because this person could not possibly be my husband...

He brought me a after saving a bit there and a tad there from his pay after the bills were paid, a Nikon 3300... :o :D . I had been looking at that camera for a while thinking about going digital, then thinking not then thinking to go digital, then thinking not... I do so love film I can get the settings on everything just right for all occasions by just looking though the lenses, never had red eye until I used a digital of my sons. But I figure that since he had a point n shoot that was the problem I haven't even held a point n shoot since I was mmmmmm 9 I think maybe 10.

Its charging right now and I and going to get another battery next week after bills etc are paid. I have loads of memory cards from 2 to oh heck ill have to check. I haven't even taken it out of the package.

I cant wait until it is charged to take pictures and to see how it handles and to see if it anything like my EM.

Wicky
Herd Member

Re: I have a such a wonderful lovelerly awsome DH...

Postby Wicky » Mon May 23, 2016 12:14 pm

That is so NICE to hear! Too often, the only thing that registers is the bad stuff. Your DH is a keeper! Have fun with the camera!

PaulaO
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby PaulaO » Mon May 23, 2016 2:20 pm

Congratulations on your new camera, and props to your DH. I hope you post pics here--I love to see all the good photos people here take. I'm an idiot when it comes to taking pictures.

Moutaineer

Postby Moutaineer » Mon May 23, 2016 5:09 pm

Nice!

Chisamba

Postby Chisamba » Mon May 23, 2016 5:24 pm

:)

Jan & PJ
Herd Member

Postby Jan & PJ » Tue May 24, 2016 9:54 am

What an awesome surprise!! Congrats on the new camera. I think you'll love digital. Have fun. Can't wait to see some pics!!

StraightForward

Postby StraightForward » Tue May 24, 2016 3:02 pm

What a fantastic surprise. Have fun and post some of your pics!
Keep calm and canter on.

Racetrackreject
500 post plus club

Postby Racetrackreject » Tue May 24, 2016 3:18 pm

Grats! Post some of your photos please. We have a general photography thread on DDBB, and I think most of us, except Suzon, are Nikon users too.

WheresMyWhite
500 post plus club

Postby WheresMyWhite » Tue May 24, 2016 3:23 pm

And we love Suzon even if she doesn't shoot Nikon :D

Ad yes, RTR, great suggestion which I didn't even think about.

Once you get hooked on all the benefits of a digital camera, you'll wonder why it took so long to get one.

HP, a series that I have liked that might be fun for you being new to the world of digital cameras is this book oriented toward your new toy!

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-D3300-Snapshots-Great-Shots/dp/0133854426/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464103687&sr=8-1&keywords=from+snapshots+to+great+shots+3300

There are others in series some of which are good and some not as much. But for an intro to the camera in a "learning" format with the User's Guide at hand, this might be a very useful book!

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”