This week's special moment

Canyon
500 post plus club

This week's special moment

Postby Canyon » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:57 pm

I hauled my two geldings to the vet today for their spring vaccinations and to have work done on the elder statesman’s teeth. While the tech was setting up, another woman led a mare into the stall next to my horse. The mare’s water had just broken, and I got to witness a birth. Pretty cool; my mares always managed to deliver when I stepped away for a few minutes! Ah, the miracle of life…

Anyone else have an interesting experience this week?

Ryeissa
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Re: This week's special moment

Postby Ryeissa » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:29 pm

wow! that's awesome!

texsuze
500 post plus club

Postby texsuze » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:39 pm

What did your geldings think ;)

My interesting experience today was seeing Mrs. Fox's three (possibly four) fox kits for the first time. Adult/juvenile foxes have been coming into the yard for a long time now, eating the BOSS and hulls that fall or get billed out of the hanging bird feeders. We knew Mrs. Fox had kits somewhere, but saw them this afternoon for the first time, bouncing around, playing chase on a fallen log just outside the yard fence. Mixed feelings, since I worry about my free-ranging chooks over at my barn, even though they are enclosed in 5' no-climb horse fence with hot tape along top and bottom.

Rhianon
Herd Member

Postby Rhianon » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:58 am

Wow! The only time I had a foal, I caught it just as he was coming out. Thanks to my dear friend. We were taking turns being "on alert" over night.

mari
Herd Member

Postby mari » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:30 am

That's pretty cool!

Mine was seeing Loeries at my bird-feeding station, first sighting this year. They're pretty shy in summer, but in winter they become garden birds :)
The aim of argument or of discussion should not be victory, but progress. ~ Joseph Joubert

Flight
Bringing Life to the DDBB

Postby Flight » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:16 am

That is awesome!

Rockabilly
Herd Member

Postby Rockabilly » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:10 pm

Mine was watching my husband build a new pasture for Leo close to the barn. I was sitting on my lawn tractor watching my husband work when a bird pooped in my hair! But I had a brilliant idea. I can install sprinkler's in Leo's new pasture so he will have nice green grass during the hot dry months. We're going to do it.

Canyon
500 post plus club

Postby Canyon » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:36 pm

Yesterday, a pair of Gambel's Quail showed up under my bird feeder with 8 or 10 tiny babies; it was impossible to get an exact count with all the pinball action going on. They were seriously cute and amusing!

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”