Helmet cams

Fatcat
Herd Member

Helmet cams

Postby Fatcat » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:51 pm

I'm wanting one of these for riding Retta and driving my pony, and am wondering if anyone has one and what their experiences are? I can't find any reviews for the one that I'm interested in, a Trailer Eyes model. Maybe I should just stick with a GoPro Hero.

Opinions?

Racetrackreject
500 post plus club

Re: Helmet cams

Postby Racetrackreject » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:36 pm

I have 2 GoPros, 1 being the regular Hero type and the other being the Hero4 Session, which is the little cube one. Some complain that the helmets feel heavy after a bit, which is why I purchased the session, but it doesn't really feel any lighter to me. It's not a bothersome weight at first, but after a while you can feel it.

Both cameras do a great job, but I like the simplicity of the Session the best. It just has one large button on top and when you click it records. Click it again to stop. I have a photo I can post if you want an idea of the size, and I also can post some video so you can see the quality, if you would like.

boots-aregard
Herd Member

Re: Helmet cams

Postby boots-aregard » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:34 am

When I went to Ireland, I took my daughter's Go Pro. I didn't like the look of video done with a helmet cam (because it looks around every time you do). So, I tied it in where my stock tie was, at the base of my neck. Much easier to watch the videos after the fact.

Return to “The Observation Lounge/ Cookbook Forum even Hot Topics”